Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Resolved - User Registration Error - Calendar setup

• Resolved - User Registration Error - Calendar setup

Posted 11 years 10 months ago
    • Users unable to register on site ... error box pops up with message

"Calendar setup: nothing to setup (no fields found) please check your code"

I have Jomsocial installed as well as K2 and am not sure if the User Registration is calling something that is not on my site or what? I have searched Google but similar issues are not related to the Login process so am not sure what gives.. some articles indicate a problem with JCE, which I have installed on this site as well.

If anyone can add some insight into a resolution it would be appreciated - not sure how to find the culprit in FireBug ...

I did find the following in the html source shown in Firebug.. but again it is not very helpful, to me anyway.
      <body class="bgstyle-elegant-light font-family-clarion font-size-is-large menu-type-fusionmenu inputstyling-enabled-1 typography-style-light col12 option-com-users menu-home feb12-home">

Seems to be using a date of feb12 .. no idea where this is coming from???

Allan
    • Last Edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Allan Curtis.
  • Re: Resolved - User Registration Error - Calendar setup

• Anyone have an idea on this one? :cry:

It is preventing me from moving ahead with the site.

Allan
  • Re: Resolved - User Registration Error - Calendar setup

• Resolution -

To anyone who has the misfortune of running up against this issue .... :evil:

After a week of pulling my hair out, reading literally hundreds of posts on the internet and here on Rockettheme and following many, many leads down dark alleys ...

The answer was as simple as .... :)

The fields defined in the Plug In Manager called User Profile were different than what was on the form.... Date of Birth was set to "Optional" but was not on the form .... I set the field "Date of Birth" to DISABLED and it worked like a charm!

Amazing ... the amount of "misinformation" in Google posts is scary!

Be sure the defined fields in the User Profile plugin match the data entry screen that you are using in the Popup ... it gets confusing as in this case there is a Joomla, K2, Jomsocial and Easy Blog user module ... most just for syncing ... but

Allan
    • Natelmer
    • Rocketeer

Re: Resolved - User Registration Error - Calendar setup

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • Allan Curtis wrote:
      Resolution -

To anyone who has the misfortune of running up against this issue .... :evil:

After a week of pulling my hair out, reading literally hundreds of posts on the internet and here on Rockettheme and following many, many leads down dark alleys ...

The answer was as simple as .... :)

The fields defined in the Plug In Manager called User Profile were different than what was on the form.... Date of Birth was set to "Optional" but was not on the form .... I set the field "Date of Birth" to DISABLED and it worked like a charm!

Amazing ... the amount of "misinformation" in Google posts is scary!

Be sure the defined fields in the User Profile plugin match the data entry screen that you are using in the Popup ... it gets confusing as in this case there is a Joomla, K2, Jomsocial and Easy Blog user module ... most just for syncing ... but

Allan

Thanks very much for posting the RIGHT solution :-)

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds