Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

"JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

• "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Can anyone help with this one? I'm trying to install a FORM program in Joomla called SMARTFORMER. It goes thru the install progress bar and then at the end it basically says it's unsuccessful and gives me this message "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

Any ideas how to fix this?

The site is www.attxpress.com , there is nothing to see there as far as the form I'm working on due to the fact that I can't get this thing to install.

Thanks in advance for all of your knowledge and willingness to help!

Stu
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

• Hi there,

Have you checked the zip file to see if there is indeed an XML file included?

You really should check with the extension developer. :cheesy:

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi there,

Have you checked the zip file to see if there is indeed an XML file included?

You really should check with the extension developer. :cheesy:

Hope this helps 8)

David I'm a newb at a lot of this, so just kind of learning as I go. I did open up the zip file and there is an xml file. The form extension I'm trying to install is called SMARTFORMER. What I'm looking for is a form program that will allow me to create an online form that looks exactly like the printed form. So I'm looking for the flexibility to recreate a document rather than just a form that is line after line down the middle. Do you have any suggestions? Ever had a need/come across anything?

As far as checking with the extension developer, they are charging $99 for a month of "support". I've already paid to use this forum, which has been worth every penny so far, fund are a little too tight to try to pay for support for an extension I can't even get to work, and not 100% sure it'll do what I need it to do. Are there possible settings in Joomla that I'm missing for this to not work? Could it have something to do with "version" compatibility?

Thanks for the help!
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

It is possible that the developer hasn't updated for Joomla 2.5 as that has changed a bit and has had some install issues.

It would also be worth checking system info in your Joomla set up to make sure your directories are showing as writable (green).

I personally use RS Forms Pro. They do a free version that you could try.

Hope this helps 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file"

• David Goode wrote:
      Hi there,

It is possible that the developer hasn't updated for Joomla 2.5 as that has changed a bit and has had some install issues.

It would also be worth checking system info in your Joomla set up to make sure your directories are showing as writable (green).

I personally use RS Forms Pro. They do a free version that you could try.

Hope this helps 8)

David,

Running Joomla 2.5. There seem to be very few extensions that install properly, including the one you just recommended. It's as if it partially installed. I've attacehed a screen capture.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

Can you PM me with a temporary Super Admin access please and I will take a look to see what the cause may be.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds