Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can Not Create new menu Items after update.

• Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Can Not Create new menu Items after update.

Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
    • The only thing that changed was me updating to 5.17 I tried coping a menu item to a new location and it moved over fine. then I went into the temp. and change the drop down direction.. and it went away, now when I try and make a new menu item when saved it goes directly to trash.. I try publishing it and I get.

Failed publishing the menu item as at least one of its parents is unpublished or one of its children is checked out.

When I try and delete every thing in trach I get

An error has occurred.

1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`whitemar_54324096gn`.`wwdai_menu`.`level` - 1)'
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
      Beach Haven Fishing Charters
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Can Not Create new menu Items after update.

• Sounds like a Joomla issue where I'd have to take the error at face value... maybe you copied a child item and it's still got some relation to the old parent but it sees it as unpublished/checked out in it's new location; or it's related to an item that's now in the Trash. Do you have any issues when you simply create a new menu item versus using Joomla's copy?

Gantry is CMS agnostic and has no direct relationship to how the different CMS's handle their menu structure... it just reads and outputs the menu like any other Menu plugin.

If you don't have any two or three column Level 2 layouts that you've created in Gantry's Menu Manager you can safely blow out Gantry's entire Menu config... I used to do this all the time in an early release of Gantry 5 do to weird ordering issues which has all since been corrected (I think since 5.5.0)

So, you can try deleting (back up first): /[template]/custom/config/menu.yaml to see if that helps... but to me this sounds like a Joomla issue
    • Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Yeah, I dunno... I'd recommend reversing your steps... delete the one you copied that started all of this... then delete everything in the trash completely... attempt to create new menu items (vs copying) and see how it goes... if you get additional error messages along the way pop em into Google and see if you can find any related issues/solutions.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Maybe try republishing the items in the trash, then unpublish, then trash, then delete...

Otherwise, ya gotta appreciate a good backup ;)
    • Rod
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Yea.. Reloaded site.. took all but 5 minutes... all good I won't be trying to copy and menu items over again.. It's not a good feeling when something breaks.. I always go into panic mode.. : ) Thanks for you attention to this Matt. Much appreciated!!!
    • Heavy Duty Truck Parts
      NJ Fishing
      Beach Haven Fishing Charters
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• :)

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds