Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Article tags page template

• Article tags page template

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago
    • This issue seems to have cropped up after updating to Joomla 4 and the latest gantry...

When I click on a tag assigned to an article, I'm taken to the component tags page. Before, the list of articles that have the same tag would be displayed with just the top menu bar and bottom nav bar, too.

NOW, items from the frontpage template layout, header, intro, and features, and potentially utility (nothing enabled right now) are also being included BEFORE the tagged articles are displayed.

The frontpage layout is ONLY assigned to the frontpage. System is up to date with the latest Joomla 4 version, Gantry 5 and Helium template, too.

The base outline has nothing in the header, intro, features, or utility positions, nor does the default layout, which inherits from the base outline.

I looked at the tag component options and don't see a way to assign a template, and the base

You can see this happen at redeemernewpaltz.org/component/tags/tag/equality
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: Article tags page template

Posted 8 months 1 week ago
    • Hello,

Thank you for reaching out with the details.

This sounds like a potential configuration or inheritance issue within the Gantry 5 templating framework, especially given the behavior you're describing after updating to Joomla 4. Sometimes, updates can introduce unforeseen changes, and while Gantry is robust, it might be that there's a setting or configuration that's causing this behavior.

Here's a few preliminary steps to diagnose and hopefully resolve the problem:

Gantry Assignment: In the Gantry 5 admin area, double-check the assignments of your outlines. Ensure that the Frontpage outline is truly only assigned to the frontpage and that no other outlines might be affecting the tags component view.

Menu Item for Tags: Sometimes, the behavior of components can be influenced by menu items, even if they're not directly linked in your visible menu. Check to see if there's a hidden menu item for the tags component and ensure it's not using the Frontpage layout or any other layout that might cause this.

Template Style Assignment: Joomla allows for different template styles to be assigned to specific parts of the site. Head over to Extensions > Templates > Styles and check if the default style assigned for your Gantry template might be causing the issue. Also, check if there's any specific style assignment for the tags component.

Extensions: Ensure there are no third-party extensions/plugins active that might interfere with how tags or Gantry works.

Now, I have to note, while we're eager to help every user, please be reminded that for a more detailed and step-by-step support, an active subscription with RocketTheme is required. This ensures we can provide the most detailed support possible to all our members.

If after checking these initial steps the issue persists, and if you have an active subscription, please reach out directly through our official support channels, and our team will delve deeper into the problem.

Best regards,
      Karol Orzeł, RocketTheme Support.
    • karolorzel.com
  • Re: Article tags page template

Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
    • Hey Karol,

Thanks. I checked everything and can't see anything that would cause this issue. Prior to upgrading, if I clicked on a tag link it sent me to a very basic page with the tagged articles. This may also be tied to the style issue of tag names being darkened, which also happened after the upgrade.

I've also renewed my subscription
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
    • Hey Erich,
      Any chance that you can provide me an admin login? You can use "Secure Tab". I will check what I can do.
      Best,
    • karolorzel.com

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to Karol Orzeł, moderators and administrators

Posted 2 months 2 days ago
    • This issue still exists and I've gotten no resolution. When I click on a tag it displays the front page with the tagged articles at the bottom.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 2 months 2 days ago
    • This isn't a Template or a Gantry issue, it's a Joomla issue.

Joomla can't route anything that doesn't have a Menu item... so it's routing it nowhere, which will end up on your home page/front page

Try creating a menu item (hidden or otherwise) for one of your tags (Tags, Tagged Items) and see if that resolves your issue.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds