Welcome Guest! Login
2 items / $48.00 Checkout

Set CSS in Particles?

• Web Tech Plus
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Designer / Small Business Owner

Set CSS in Particles?

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • I am developing a particle which will simply output a phone number (which is hyperlinked and have the option of preceding the number with a phone icon).

What I was thinking of was adding the functionality to add options to change things like background colour, padding, border-radius etc.

Rather than adding the styling inline could it potentially be added to the css file? I'm guessing setting up a bunch of variables in an scss file and then reading the details from the particle and then the scss file compiles.

Or maybe there is another way? Or maybe there is no way to do it.

Just thought I'd ask I'd like to develop a bunch of particles I can have for websites.
    • This is our Web Tech Plus Team account. Advice, design and other things are what we do, thanks for your help and understanding.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Set CSS in Particles?

• Web Tech Plus
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Designer / Small Business Owner

• Sorry if I wasn't clear I know I can set particles and sections to have classes however I was wondering if there was a way to change certain elements within particle settings.

Eg A div has a default colour of white
      Within the particle, there be a colour picker which you can choose a colour from which once saved is then applied to the div.
      Pretty much like in the styles tab where you can set base colours and other defaults for outlines, I was just seeing if there was a way to do this in a particle.

This is partly due to reduce actual coding per site but I am finding more and more I'm using Gantry to handle most things and some clients want to change certain aspects of their website and these are included within Gantry particles. Joomla to a lot of clients is hard enough to learn without throwing Gantry on top to change one or two things. WHy not chuck it all into Gantry so they only have 1 place to go (depending of course what is on their website)
    • This is our Web Tech Plus Team account. Advice, design and other things are what we do, thanks for your help and understanding.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds