Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Content: Use Joomla Core for articles vs. PageBuilder

• SOLVED Content: Use Joomla Core for articles vs. PageBuilder

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • I think I read somewhere last week (can't remember where, sorry) that our site search AND the search engines are not picking up the content created with Particles. It only picks up the Content created in Joomla Articles.

Is this true, semi-true, or false? Another confusing moment here.

God help you all because I'm on that camel called learning. My brain is getting saddle sores!

Thanks for not booting me out the door. {{{hugs for ALL mods}}}
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Content: Use Joomla Core for articles vs. PageBuilder

• It's true. Joomla search won't look inside particles - that's true of other things too e.g. roksprocket simple data provider or other third-party component that store their own data.

Also, particle content (as yet) can't be edited on the frontend of your site. This is probably the most important thing that will drive your decision which mechanism to use for you content (usually clients like to me able to edit their own content via the frontend).

I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Content: Use Joomla Core for articles vs. PageBuilder

• That would certainly make a difference on a social site and you just clarified a very pressing decision for me.

Thank you so much. You da' MAN!

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds