Welcome Guest! Login
2 items / $48.00 Checkout

Home Page Won't Open Unless index.php/home is in URL

• HDVideo
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Home Page Won't Open Unless index.php/home is in URL

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • I've been a casual user of Joomla and RT templates for years and just started playing around with Gantry 5 yesterday. I was finally starting to make some progress and noticed a problem that so far I've been unable to figure out.

When I enter the URL in the browser ( www.borderlandbusiness.com/hdv2016/ ), I only see the menu, header and footer. No page content is displayed and the HOME menu item is not selected. Clicking HOME will open the home page with expected content. I thought maybe it was a .htaccess file problem, but can't fine anything that seems out of order there. I'm not sure where it's getting the data for the opening page as I've not created an outline with no Page Content.

This is a copy of a Joomla 2.5.27 site that was moved to a temp folder and upgraded to Joomla 3.4.8. All non v3.x extensions were removed before the migration and no problems were encountered during the upgrade and installation of Gantry 5 and the Antares template.

This is probably a simple problem to fix, but I can't find it. Can someone explain what is happening here?

Joomla v3.4.8
      Gantry v5.2.1
      Antares v1.0.1
      Firefox v44.0.2 (also tried Chrome and IE)

Any help would be appreciated!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Home Page Won't Open Unless index.php/home is in URL

• HDVideo
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for pointing out my problem, Dan. Does Gantry 5 automatically create those menus (there were three, one for each Gantry 5 template that was tried), or did I create them while messing around in the outlines. I tried a lot of different things while trying to learn how Gantry 5 works. but didn't realize it was creating new menus and making them the default for my site.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• HDVideo wrote:
      Thanks for pointing out my problem, Dan. Does Gantry 5 automatically create those menus (there were three, one for each Gantry 5 template that was tried), or did I create them while messing around in the outlines. I tried a lot of different things while trying to learn how Gantry 5 works. but didn't realize it was creating new menus and making them the default for my site.

When you install a Gantry 5 RocketLauncher it will install at minimum a Default and Home Outline. The Joomla menus are part of the install Sample Data and are not created for the Outlines but rather the different menus are assigned a specific Outline.

The Default Outline isn't assigned to any menu item as it's set as the DEFAULT outline.
      Then you will see the Home Outline which is generally assigned to Main Menu -> Home

If there are custom menu pages you might see a Outline created just for that page and assigned to that page.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds