Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5.5.16 is not proposed for the upgrade

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 5.5.16 is not proposed for the upgrade

Posted 11 months 4 weeks ago
    • I notice that everywhere on all my RT-Templates sites with Gantry 5.5.15 it isn't proposed to upgrade to the current version 5.5.16. I also tried to rebuild all the update links of the Joomla 4.3.1 functionality (which I'm updating) but the new version of Gantry is not proposed. Why?
    • Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.5.16 is not proposed for the upgrade

• Because G5.5.16 has errors in it so we pulled it from the updater. The team are working on a G5.5.17 which will fix the issues.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• In a website that I'm developing based on the latest RT template Studius I manually uploaded the latest Gantry version 5.5.16. Did I do wrong? Do you think I should install the previous one on top of it?
    • Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes you did, Yes you should. But you have to make sure PHP is no higher than PHP 8.0.x too.

Regards, Mark.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• OK; I made and reinstalled Gantry 5.5.15 on Joomla 4.3.1 in PHP 8.0.28.
      But I have a doubt...
      I have about twenty RT websites (with various RT-templates with Gantry 5.5.15) just upgraded (last week) to Joomla 4.3.1 over PHP 8.1.
      Do I have to worry? No one has given me any problems so far.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If your were to turn error level to “maximum” in those sites you will see deprecation messages. If you don’t you MIGHT get away with it (some people do). But really G5.5.15 only supports up to PHP 8.0.x.

Regards, Mark.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I've never set an error level this high; when I've done it I've always had reports of various types from the different components and plugins present on the website. In production websites, I leave the default level or deactivate this reporting.
      May I ask if you have an idea about the publication time of the new gantry 5.5.17 version?
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No I don’t - it’s ready when we’ve tested it enough. There is a CI build available now but I’ve already found errors in that.

Regards, Mark.

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• As soon as I have spare time I put all the sites with G5.5.15 back to PHP 8. Thanks for your technical advice!
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds