Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED G5: creating new layouts & linking styles to backend

• Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED G5: creating new layouts & linking styles to backend

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • Greetings

I was a paying member here 2 or 3 times.

As I remember Mark was good at assisting, but I couldn't figure out how to create new layouts using YAML files.

I followed the Gantry 5 tutorials and created new layouts found here docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-layout-presets

However, how do I link the syntax to the styles in the back end configuration to make new styles for each element?

I guess it requires me to have a deeper understanding of the making of the YAML file elements for new layouts

Can someone send me something to assist me to do this?

Thanks!
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED G5: creating new layouts & linking styles to backend

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

From your descriptions and understanding I would say this is far too an advanced subject for you to tackle. Layouts and presets are two different things.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dave S
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Greetings

Looks like I will have to try to create a child theme and dissect the structure from that.
      YEs, my subscription has expired.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds