Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Kirigami - out of date?

• SOLVED Kirigami - out of date?

Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    • I built a website using kirigami back around 2013 I believe. It has been great, little or no problems at all as far as the template and all it's parts are concerned. It appears however that joomla is ending support for previous versions. I would like to get the website up to date running joomla4 and php8. Neither is working. Is it because the template is not compatible? I think I read that it is still using gantry 4. So will there be no update for the template?

If there is in fact no update for the template to support newer systems, would I be better off rebuilding on a newer template?
      Or could I apply the newer template to the current site, then apply the update and possibly have success doing it that way?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Kirigami - out of date?

• Kirigami is gantry 4. Gantry 4 does not, and will not, work with joomla 4 or php8. All the old RT "rok" extensions do not. Work with j4 or php 8 either.

So, yes, you will have to redevelop your site using g5 and a g5 template. There is no migration path from g4 to g5 they are different frameworks with different workflows.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Kirigami - out of date?

• Thank you for your reply

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds