Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 4 - Plugins not updable - Error

• SOLVED Gantry 4 - Plugins not updable - Error

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • Hello,

have update Jommla to 3.10.11 and update alle Plugins - except the ones the don't want to update.

Attached screenshot the Plugins, Modules and Extensions the won't update.
      Error is sometime different - sometimes wrote URL have not the update and sometimes it wrote like the screenshot.

So is the Update-Directory not correct? I have read several posts about some changes on the servers?

Haver found a similar Post for this...
      Warning
      Update: Could not open update site #56 "Gantry Framework Update Site", URL: www.gantry-framework.org/updates/joomla16/gantry.xml

But here is #5 and not #56
    • Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by nighteagle.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 4 - Plugins not updable - Error

• A lot of those old plugins are now in legacy status meaning that we no longer support them.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 4 - Plugins not updable - Error

• Hello,
      thank you... Yes i know - i have to work.. but the Provider is change from PHP 7.4 to 8 and so i have to Update first and i think on the
      End of this Year i have to build a new Site.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• oh PHP8? Then none of the old RT “rok” extensions work with PHP8 and never will do.

Gantry 4 will also never work with PHP8 either.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Okay... understand...

so the Update of the Plugins is a problem also now in PHP 7.4 then now the FP RockContentRotator is not working after update Jommla 3.10 because of the notw orking update of the plugin... Have look on Website on the bottom...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Anything in the LEGACY status tile https://rockettheme.com/joomla/extensions we no longer support fullstop. Those that remain will work on J3.10.x if they are on latest version (and will update to that) provided that you use no higher than PHP 7.4.x

Regards, Mark.

• Yes understand - now is PHP 7.4 and i have pay extra Fee for it but on End of this year no longer supported by provider.
      The Plugins show higher Version to update - but the error-messages described above appear by updating...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You've only given me administrator access - please elevate to superuser as I requested so I can look.

Regards, Mark.

• Is there a technical documetation of each plugin that shows if it work on php 7.4 or others? Can't find these infos from the link you provided!? So only for future installations it will be good to see the requierements and the possibility to support higher versions in the future of it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• no there isn’t I’m afraid - they’re all so old now we’re not updating anything on those extensions (including any docs).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds