Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Some Pages rendering offset? Hydrogen (v5.5.15 / g5_hydrogen)

• SOLVED Some Pages rendering offset? Hydrogen (v5.5.15 / g5_hydrogen)

Posted 1 year 4 months ago
    • Hi all,
      Attempting to get to grips with Gantry 5 and Joomla 4 and experiencing an "odd" result of pages on the same outline being displayed offset (left - right) by a few pixels.
      I have a test site with one page allocated to a HOME outline and 5 pages allocated to the default outline. For some reason I am stuggling to work out, three pages (including the HOME page) render in one lateral position and the other 3 render displaced (?) a few pixels to the right!?
      I have changed the order in the menu and can confirm that the same pages deflect either left or right consistently.
      What have I missed here?
  • Re: SOLVED Some Pages rendering offset? Hydrogen (v5.5.15 / g5_hydrogen)

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Nick Cumber, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Some Pages rendering offset? Hydrogen (v5.5.15 / g5_hydrogen)

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

Where specifically do you mean - Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Joomla 4 use Bootstrap 5 and this can make layouts look a little different.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I have attached two screen shots as requested..
      These two pages are both rendered using the default outline. You can see that there is an offset between the two pages, left and right slightlly.
      Specifically:
      Pages: Home Homoeopathy Doula Healing About Contact
      Shift: Left Right Left Right Left Right
      Outline: HOME Default Default Default Default Default

There is no apparent significance in the alternate nature indicated above, changing the page order on the menu makes no difference, the offset stays with the page.
      Please see images attached... you can also see the effect by visiting www.bbs-testsite.co.uk/
      You are not authorised to see this attachment.

You are not authorised to see this attachment.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Nick Cumber.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• For me there is no difference at all - To be honest I can't even see any difference in your screenshots either.

Make sure you browser zoom is set to 100% on both pages.

What browser are you using?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• HI Mark,

I can confirm the the browser {Chrome} is set to 100% - you can see the shift when visiting the pages at www.bbs-testsite.co.uk/
      by just selecting one page after another...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've tried many times in all the browsers and it's fine for me. Nothing is moving there is no offset difference in the pages that I can determine at all. It's very hard to offer any solution if I cannot replicate the issue or even see it in your own screenshots. Perhaps you have some browser addons causing this? Try disabling those.

Regards, Mark.

• Hi Mark,
      Thank you for your response... and your patience!
      This is really odd - I have used MS edge to check if it is Chrome relevant and its not - I get the same shift with Edge that I do with Chrome. I fully understand your comments re. not being able to replicate the issue - not sure where to go next, change template?

This phenomia is replicated when viewed on my laptop as well as desktop but is NOT seen on my phone.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Nick Cumber. Reason: Additional information...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, So I can reproduce in IE Edge only. Furthermore, I have narrowed it down to the content in the articles. If I copy the long article into the place of the short article then the movement goes away. I wanted to look at you article content in the backend but the login no longer seems to work?

Regards, Mark.

• Hi Mark,

I do thank you for your continued support...
      Thanks intriguing, Backend credentials are not changed? Access as follows:
    • Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by MrT.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds