Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Which setup is fastest?

• SOLVED Which setup is fastest?

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hi

I usually display content from gantry5 particle in one of these 3 ways:

1) Menu set to Single Article - load gantry5 particle as module using {loadmodule}
      2) Menu set to Gantry 5 Themes » Custom Page - in outline I drag&drop particle - then I edit it
      3) Menu set to Gantry 5 Themes » Custom Page - use module instance/position particle to call it as module

Do you know if there is any speed difference in following setups and if so which setup will make page load the fastest?

Regards
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Udruga Animi.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Which setup is fastest?

• Fastest to slowest - 2,3,1

Having said that, I doubt you would notice much "real-world" difference and there are better ways to "speed up" you page such as cahce, gzip, rokbooster etc.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Which setup is fastest?

• Thanks for clarifying it Mark.

Just one more question, does number of outlines effect the site in any way? Will site with 5 outlines perform faster than site with 20+ outlines?

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Which setup is fastest?

• No, because you are only ever using one outline at a time when you render a page.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds