Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED latest hydrogen and helium templates don't seem to be working

• SOLVED latest hydrogen and helium templates don't seem to be working

Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    • Just tried installing the latest helium and / or the hyrdrogen templates in wordpress and they seem to fail every time.
      Is there a problem with the latest updates ?
      Looking at Helium & Hydrogen 5.4.17

I just get an error message saying

Installing Theme from uploaded file: wordpress-tpl_g5_helium_v5.4.17.zip
      Unpacking the packageā€¦

Could not extract file from archive. g5_helium/./

Even tried to get the hosting company to try and they told me

From the error message you encounter it appears that the problem is within the theme .zip file itself. I tried to install it via various methods such as Wp-cli, but I am afraid this was not possible also.
  • Re: SOLVED latest hydrogen and helium templates don't seem to be working

• in fact I just tried installing any of the older helium themes back to 5.4.9 and even that didnt work - tried a clean wordpress install as well incase there was any odd plugin conflict - but still not working.

I've used these themes a lot over the years - all on this same server but even just tried another site currently running helium 5.4.9 and that cant open hydrogen 5.4.8.

Very weird - have gantry changed they way they package the files or something ?
      Or am i just being really thick and missing something obvious ?!

• Hmmm.. very weird - i just unzipped the file (saw that everything in there looked sort of right i guess?)
      So then compressed the file myself and uploaded that - and everything is working fine ?!

Very weird !
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED latest hydrogen and helium templates don't seem to be working

• We're not aware of any issues with the packages and I tried them myself and they worked.

Anyway G5.4.18 should be out imminently too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• yeah its very odd - weird that repackaging the files would make it work - anyway, my problem is fixed so all good...

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds