Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

• Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • Nassai

• So I have the same issue as the original poster. Unfortunately I have updated Joomla before I updated the extensions... now I can't logon to the administrator section of the website to be able to update the extension.

Can you give any tips on how to update roksprocket in this situation?

Thanks!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• genegun
    • Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    • Setting to 5.6 still does not work. how can I update manually?
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Re: SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

• Thank you Damir and Luke,

I had the same error message. But I didn't have RokSprocket installed. In my case the problem was solved by disabling these three apparently unneeded, possibly outdated, RocketTheme extensions:

* Content - RokInjectModule Plugin version 1.7
      * RokCommon Library version 3.2.0
      * System - RokCommon Plugin 3.2.0

To review, my setup was Joomla 3.8, Gantry 4, and PHP 7.0.23. And, as mentioned in this thread, I had to set PHP back to version 5.6 in order to access the website's back end to make these changes.

Thanks again,
      Carol
  • Re: SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

• Damir wrote:
      That's a little tricky because you need to know where to put each file. Unzip the RokSprocket and then you will have folders some have admin and site in them and some doesn't look for similar items in your website...!

Hi there

I'm on a shared server, and of course, didn't realise they were upgrading PHP to version 7 until my site went down.

Do you have a more detailed guide on how to manually update?

Any help much appreciated
    • Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Jean-Paul Frenett.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Jean-Paul Frenett wrote:
      Damir wrote:
      That's a little tricky because you need to know where to put each file. Unzip the RokSprocket and then you will have folders some have admin and site in them and some doesn't look for similar items in your website...!

Hi there

I'm on a shared server, and of course, didn't realise they were upgrading PHP to version 7 until my site went down.

Do you have a more detailed guide on how to manually update?

Any help much appreciated

Can oyu give me access to the site and i will do it for you?

For posting sensitive information you hit the Blue Reply Button and then you will see Secure Tab. Post all info that is sensitive in there, only Fellow Mods, Staff and I can see that!
    • Available for CUSTOM WORK with Joomla, WordPress and Grav Templates and Gantry Framework!
    • David

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Hi
      Same problem here.

My question is how to update rocksproket if you cannot update via the site?

Best regards

David

Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    • Just saw I didn't respond to Damir's kind offer in the maelstrom of the site being offline!

@David - my provider, UK2, was able to give me temporary access to a lower PHP version by changing a line in .htaccess. Potentially yours might have the same option.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds