Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • Whenever I change the PHP from 5.5 to 7.0 on a site using Helium template on the Gantry Framework with Joomla 3.7.0, I get this message on the admin panel:
      An error has occurred.
      0 The parameter "platforminfo.class" must be defined.

On the frontside, I get this error message:
      Failed to load 'g5_helium' template: Please install Gantry 5 Framework!

If I comment out the HTACCESS code implementing the PHP 7.0, it works fine with no error message on either the admin panel or the front side.
      ## Begin -  Use PHP 7.0
      ##
      #AddType application/x-httpd-php70 .php
      #suPHP_ConfigPath /opt/php70/lib 
      ##
      ## End -  Use PHP 7.0

I've reinstalled the Gantry 5 Framework v5.4.12 and the Helium template v5.4.12, uncommented out the 7.0 code in the HTACCESS file and I get the same error messages on the admin panel and the front side.

I double checked this with another website I did using the Gantry Framework and Helium template, same versions, and it works fine on this site. Both are on the same server. I cross-checked plug-in's and there were not mismatches from the problem site as well as the comparable site had more plugins enabled.

The only module assigned was a sidebar which when disabled, I still get the error.

Finally, this site is the one that I customized the Owlcarousel files so I copied them to the same 'custom/particles' folder on the comparable site and it worked fine so my custom changes isn't the issue.

At this point, I've done all of the diagnostics I can think of but with no resolution.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and, if so, did you resolve it? Please let me know what you did! :)
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Luke Douglas.
    • Just another old hacker!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED PHP 7.0 - Error: The parameter "platforminfo.class"​ must be defined

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• Damir,

The only particle I have customized is the Owl Carousel which I indicated but I did copy the 'custom/particles' folder to another site using the Helium template and Owl Carousel and it worked just fine.

Luke
    • Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Luke Douglas.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• Damir,

WOW! Thanks for figuring that out. I went through the update process but I guess it didn't retrieve the new version.

Technology is great.....when it works. :)

Luke
    • The following users have thanked you: Carol Mattsson

• Martin Simpson
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • President Blue-Eyed Panda LLC

Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    • soxa
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    • How do I update my site with the same error if I cannot access the admin side to do so? Also, I am getting the same exact error message as administrator and visitor. I also reinstalled site and got same messages again.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• soxa
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you Damir.
      That works.
      I saw Joomla updates available and I installed it. For Rockettheme there are not any extensions available.. Just login for Rocketheme authentication. When I try to login I got message" A communication error occured communicating with the RocketTheme update server. Please try again later." After that I change to 7.0 version and page doesn"t work. Then changed again to 5.6 and it works. But I am glad that I did not lose my website. I will make new one, with something more secure

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds