Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Need to remove word "logo" from Gantry 5 image particle background

• SOLVED Need to remove word "logo" from Gantry 5 image particle background

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I'm using Joomla 3.51, Gantry 5, and the Hydrogen template to build up a new template.

I'm creating an outer border for the active page area. I used the Logo / Image particle as an image holder. Deleted the logo's text, image, and class. I created a shaded outer border with a custom.scss class, which linked to a narrow shaded image, and used background color to spread the color outward to the rest of the unused page. Problem is that the word logo still appears in the background color. Is there a way to remove that word logo from the background color?

(I found the Rockettheme tutorial on using the Logo Picker, but that seems to apply to Gantry 4.)

Thank you for suggestions.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Pinto Buck.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Need to remove word "logo" from Gantry 5 image particle background

• Can you please ensure that you post in the correct forum (usually the appropriate template forum). In this case "Gantry 5" forum is more approriate that "general discussion" so I have moved your topic for you.

Always post a link to your site too.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Need to remove word "logo" from Gantry 5 image particle background

• Also, I changed the logo text to BackgroundSearch.com. I would like to change the text color as follows:
      "Background" should be blue. "Search" should be red. And, ".com" should be black. With no spaces.
      I would like to use h3 size for the whole logo. I'm having trouble figuring out a css class/classes to specify a different color for each part of the logo name. Thx.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Pinto Buck, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I change your particle to a customhtml particle to do that. I have change that for you now.

Please learn to use Firebug, HTML and CSS. we can't do it all for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• MrT wrote:
      I change your particle to a customhtml particle to do that. I have change that for you now.

Please learn to use Firebug, HTML and CSS. we can't do it all for you.

Regards, Mark.
      Thank you to MrT for visiting my site and showing me the solution to one of my questions. Also, I thought I had figured out the answer to my other question/problem, but I still cannot solve that one.

Question #2pintobuck wrote:
      Also, I changed the logo text to BackgroundSearch.com. I would like to change the text color as follows:
      "Background" should be blue. "Search" should be red. And, ".com" should be black. With no spaces.
      I would like to use h3 size for the whole logo. I'm having trouble figuring out a css class/classes to specify a different color for each part of the logo name. Thx.
      I probably should have made my question more clear. The HTML was pretty simple, and I, too, created that in a Custom HTML particle previously. But, the question I was pursuing was if there is a better way to do it using the Logo/Image particle and a CSS class. Now that MrT recreated my logo using HTML in a Custom HTML particle, I will use that as the best solution.

Question #1 (the other problem)pintobuck wrote:
      I'm creating an outer border for the active page area. I used the Logo / Image particle as an image holder. Deleted the logo's text, image, and class. I created a shaded outer border with a custom.scss class, which linked to a narrow shaded image, and used background color to spread the color outward to the rest of the unused page. Problem is that the word logo still appears in the background color. Is there a way to remove that word logo from the background color?
      Firebug shows this appearing on the front end page several times. (I used several Logo/Image particles).
      <div class="g-content g-particle">
      <a rel="home" title="" href="/"> Logo </a>
      </div>

MrT's use of the Custom HTML particle to solve Question #2, led me to try the Custom HTML particle (instead of the Logo/Image particle) to solve Question #1. The Logo/Image particle displayed what appears to be a link with text "Logo" over a background color on the front end page, even when the "gantry-logo" class has been deleted from the particle.

When I used Custom HTML particles, no such text appeared. However, two new problelms appeared, which I designate #A and #B. Problem #A, with no content in the HTML field, the Custom HTML particle would collapse and disappear on the front end page. My solution to that was to put &nbsp; in the HTML content field, so that the particle would not collapse. Problem #B, if I used the same CSS class in two Custom HTML particles in the same Gantry 5 row, only one of particles would be affected by the CSS class. My solution was to copy the same CSS code into a different class and give it a different name. Then both Custom HTML particles could be correctly modified by the same CSS code. However, as I continued to add Custom HTML particles instead of Logo/Image particles, my well working template fell apart. So, it seems that I need to use the Logo/Image particles instead of Custom HTML particles to create the borders.

If we cannot get rid of the unwanted "Logo" word appearing over the background colors, I may need to use the module positioning particle and use a 3rd party image holder module, which does not display the "Logo" word.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I must admit I didn't understand much of your very long reply. I did what you asked and it's working fine. Really you want to be using the logo particle for a logo. If the word "logo" appears instead of what you typed then you probably have an override of the particle at anothe rlevel (either in the outline particle defaults or on the layout itself in that outline).

Regards, Mark.

• I had two problems that I mixed here in a single thread, which I think caused some confusion.

Solution #1 - For my logo, MrT used a Custom HTML particle and showed me how to create the logo in HTML. It works good and looks good. Thx.

Solution #2 - For my border, I used a Spacer particle instead a Logo/Image particle. The Spacer particle presented no problem with unwanted text showing up on the front end. Since I used the Spacer particle just to display my CCS for a border image (repeating) and a background color, the Spacer particle worked out fine for me. Thx.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The word "logo" will keep appearing if you just erase the field content - you have to put a space into the field.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds