Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

• SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • This question seems so basic, but I have been unable to find the answer so far.
      How do we switch between two Gantry 5 themes that are both installed? How do we switch back to the Beez3 theme or the Protostar theme?
      Thanks in advance.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Pinto Buck.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

• 1. Change the default template in template manager

2. (the one you probably missed) - change the default menu in menu manager (so as not to be the menu that got installed with the template).

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

• I went into Joomla Template manager and changed the default template to Beez3. Then, I went into Gantry 5/my-Hydrogent-template/Assignments, and turned off all the assignments. Now Beez3 template showed up on the home page. Thx. However, the Beez3 template shows an info box: Gantry 5 Component: Cannot display content; not in Gantry 5 template!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

• That will be because you have not done step 2. You still have the default menu item as a "Gantry 5 custom" type of menu item which you cannot use in a non-gantry5 template. Change the default menu item.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED How to switch between Gantry 5 themes

• That worked like a charm. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds