Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED All menu items redirect to home page

• Kurt J

SOLVED All menu items redirect to home page

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Folks,

I have suddenly had an issue where all my menu items redirect to the home page. I am sure it has to do with the way I have the menu setup as this happened back when I first setup the website and I fixed it but, I know I did not do it the best way. Not sure what caused it to reappear but it did a few hours ago and I cant seem to figure out my error. Please help if you can. Needed information is in secure message
      Using Hydrogen Theme on Gantry 5 with Joomla 3.5.1

Thanks

Kurt
    • Kurt Johnston
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED All menu items redirect to home page

• Kurt J wrote:
      Folks,

I have suddenly had an issue where all my menu items redirect to the home page. I am sure it has to do with the way I have the menu setup as this happened back when I first setup the website and I fixed it but, I know I did not do it the best way. Not sure what caused it to reappear but it did a few hours ago and I cant seem to figure out my error. Please help if you can. Needed information is in secure message
      Using Hydrogen Theme on Gantry 5 with Joomla 3.5.1

Thanks

Kurt

I got it to work by changing these settings:

1) changed your Default Home menu item to HOME-itemid=101. Set the menu-type to featured article and since you have no Page Content Particle on the Home page Outline this isn't an issue

2) set your Default Outline to the DEFAULT template, thats why we call it that ;) and assigned the Home page to your Home Outline-20

Now all your interior pages articles show because the Default outline has a Page Content Particle to display the Joomla articles.
    • The following users have thanked you: Kurt J

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • Kurt J

• Thank you DanG, Not sure how I had it working before but now it all makes sense. Still a beginner and learning something new every day
    • Kurt Johnston
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Kurt J wrote:
      Thank you DanG, Not sure how I had it working before but now it all makes sense. Still a beginner and learning something new every day

You'll get there - trust me, the more you use it the easier it will get ;)

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds