Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can't Get the Google Analytics Atom to Add to Page Settings

• SOLVED Can't Get the Google Analytics Atom to Add to Page Settings

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I am using Requiem with Gantry 5.2.13 on Joomla 3.5.1

I have added my Google Analytics UA code on the Settings tab in both my Home and Default templates.

I then go to the Page Settings tab and try to drag the Google Analytics atom to the space to add it to the template and though the element will drag, it won't "stay" in the area that says "Drop Atoms Here". This is the case with both the Home and Default templates. As such, I can't add Google Analytics to my site.

What am I doing wrong?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Can't Get the Google Analytics Atom to Add to Page Settings

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Can't Get the Google Analytics Atom to Add to Page Settings

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Jennifer Fraser, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I've done that for you and it is now working.

I added the UA code to the "settings" tab of the base outline in the "google analystics" atom. Then I dragged the atom on the atom section in the "page settings" tab of the base outline.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jennifer Fraser

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Can't Get the Google Analytics Atom to Add to Page Settings

• Thank you! I didn't realize that this had to be done in the base outline. So out of curiosity, you can't add specific atoms to template overrides? Do all atoms have to be added to the base outline then?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Base outline is the first place you should consider for making your settings, styles and page settings because all other outline will inherit from this, thereby meaning you change something once and it affects everything. You should only move on to making styles and settings changes in another outline if that outline requirel something special on the page(s) that are assigned to it.

But, to answer your question, yes you can make atom and page setting changes in other outlines too these would then override the base outline values.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds