Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

SOLVED SCSS connected to HTML inside a module

• DrBill

SOLVED SCSS connected to HTML inside a module

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Hosting Service running Linux
      PHP version5.5.45
      Platform (name and version)Joomla! 3.5.1 (Platform version 13.1.0)
      Template/Extension (name and version)Gantry 5 with Hydrogen template v.5.2.13
      Link to the Issue www.themissinglinks.biz
      Following a search of the Forum, I found and implemented MrT's advice for removing table borders by adding a custom CSS. That worked very well and encouraged me to do a bit more CSS to make some very basic cards display.

However, there is one table that remained unaffected by the custom CSS, despite cache clearances. It is on the home page and still displays the fine borders. In order to get it onto the home page, it is inside a Joomla Custom Module, which is then displayed on the home page. But the table border is still there.

Is there a way to remove the table border in this case?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED SCSS connected to HTML inside a module

• Where on the home page? - I just see a clean Isotope template install on that link?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DrBill

• Sorry, Isotope snuck in there inadvertently. I've since disabled it.

The connection to the correct home page should be OK now, but I do seem to have TWO home pages, one with and one without content! Both use the Hydrogen template. The links on the site all go to /index.php/home but going directly to the base URL or /index.php takes you to the one without content. Not sure why that's happening, as I didn't create a separate home page, to my knowledge.

I fixed the home page issue by redirecting anything to / and /index.php to the /index.php/home page, at the hosting service level. The phantom home page will just have to remain phantom!

However, the borders around the table on the home page are still there.

Regards,

Bill.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by DrBill.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This is what you need to add in your custom CSS file.
      .custom table td {
          border: none;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: DrBill

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DrBill

• Brilliant! Worked like a charm (added a , between table and td to get rid of the overall outline).

There's always the risk that I'll start to get the hang of this and become dangerous!

Many thanks, Mark! Your help is helping me gain the confidence to learn more CSS and the like.

Thanks and cheers,

Bill.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds