Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Remove Fontawesome font files

• SOLVED Remove Fontawesome font files

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Hi, for one of my sites I want a very bare site. Since I can live without the Fontawesome icons, I want the underlying font-files removed too, as they make up almost 25% of the weight of the site.
      Can I easily override the Gantry files for this? Actually I use the Galatea template, but that does not matter I guess.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Remove Fontawesome font files

• Fontawesome is always loaded in a Gantry 5 template because it is used extensively (frontend and backend). The only way of turning it off would be to create an override for page_head.html.twig that can be found in/media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/templates (do not change it there create an override in your custom folder of your template). I don't recommend that you do this since if we change the file in future Gantry 5 releases you will have to remember to add the changes to your custom file too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: surfsimon

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Remove Fontawesome font files

• Thanks, that did the trick!

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds