Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Cannot Select Template in Joomla Extensions > Templates

• Walt

SOLVED Cannot Select Template in Joomla Extensions > Templates

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • The problem recurs after installing another template, i.e. Ethereal (see the problem history below). The Ethereal template remains as default for my test website no matter what template I select on the Extensions > Templates panel. I have found that it's necessary to "disable" any added templates on the Extensions > Manage > Manage > panel in order to see the preferred template on my test site. But this is the case only for Rockettheme Joomla Gantry5 compatible templates, so this seems to be an issue for your developers to take a look at.

Original Message
      Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:45 AM
      To: 'General Enquiry'
      Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Unable to switch site templates
      Problem solved! Sort of... after deleting the Antares template, everything behaves as it should. I'm able to switch templates between Callisto, Ambrosia, and Gantry itself. All good, but there must be something not OK with the Antares template (which I have deleted permanently).

Original Message
      Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 11:39 AM
      To: 'General Enquiry'
      Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Unable to switch site templates
      Further to my question below (which may not be entirely complete or clear):
      Joomla provides the ability to switch templates/themes, but this is not working after I installed Callisto and Antares. Antares remains on my (development) website no matter what I select in Joomla. I am running Joomla 3.5, Gantry 5, on the Bitnami-Joomla-Apache-MySQL platform. My question is whether or not this is a known problem/bug, and what to do about it? Help!!

Original Message
      Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:27 PM
      To: General Enquiry
      Subject: [GENERAL] Unable to switch site templates
      I have installed Gantry 5, plus the Callisto and Antares templates in that order of installation. I find that in the Joomla panel at Extensions > Templates, when the Default "star" is highlighted, the site will not switch from Antares to Callisto.
      Please advise.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Walt.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Cannot Select Template in Joomla Extensions > Templates

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Whenever you install a Gantry 5 template onto a site this most recently installed template automatically assigns itself as the template to be used for your DEFAULT Home page menu item.

To change to a different template already installed just change the assigned template in your DEFAULT Home page menu item.

Just to let you know that the moderator team is spread across different time zones throughout the world and we will help when we are online. Among fourteen moderators we handle 3500 to 5000 posts per month. Please remember that we do this as volunteers between our full-time jobs and our family time. This means that sometimes your posts may not be answered as expediently as you would like.
    • The following users have thanked you: Walt

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds