Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can I easily Copy a Standard Particle?

• Robert

SOLVED Can I easily Copy a Standard Particle?

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I use the standard SOCIAL PARTICLE which I configured with links in the BASE OUTLINE.

When I want to use this particle in OUTLINES using another language, each time I use it, I have to override the base configuration because the links will be different.
      Can I just make a second SOCIAL PARTICLE in the base outline (for the other languge)?

Or is it possible to even make a second BASE OUTLINE for another language? (just make a copy of the Hydrogen Template?)

I'm using: Joomla 3.5 Gantry5 Hydrogen.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Can I easily Copy a Standard Particle?

• When you install any our Gantry 5 templates there is a special Outline called "BASE OUTLINE" that in it's Settings tab has our default setup for a Logo Particle. Our installation has this particle existing directly in the Layout Manager of our Outlines so a Joomla module position is not needed to display it.

Initially all the outlines that contain a Logo particle will use the setup from this "BASE OUTLINE".
      You are free to alter this Logo particle setup for any existing instance in an Outline or when you create new Outlines and Drag in a Logo particle.

1) From the Particle Picker Column you can Drag a Logo particle onto a Layout, that has had NO changes in the Outlines Settings Tab for the Logo, and the BASE OUTLINE settings will be used.

2) You can alter the Logo in the Settings tab of an Outline so that any time you drag a Logo particle into any Section in the Outlines Layout these settings will be used. This will be like an override for the Logo Setup in Case 1).

3) You can alter the Logo at the Layout level of an Outline's Section with settings you wish to use. This will be an override of Case 1) and then also Case 2)

Hope this makes it clearer.
    • Robert

• Thanks Dan, the usage above is very clear to me. Let me rephrase the question.

I use 50 SOCIAL PARTICLES A that are exactly the same.
      I use another 50 SOCIAL PARTICLES B that are exactly the same.

Now I can only set 1 default in the BASE OUTLINE, lets say I set it to SOCIAL PARTICLES A .
      Now I need to manually adjust each SOCIAL PARTICLES B.

Thats why I would like to set 2 default SOCIAL PARTICLES in the "Particle Picker Column "
      Sometimes I will drag particle A and sometimes particle B.
      So can I easily copy the SOCIAL PARTICLE to have two of them in the "Particle Picker Column "
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Robert wrote:
      Thanks Dan, the usage above is very clear to me. Let me rephrase the question.

I use 50 SOCIAL PARTICLES A that are exactly the same.
      I use another 50 SOCIAL PARTICLES B that are exactly the same.

Now I can only set 1 default in the BASE OUTLINE, lets say I set it to SOCIAL PARTICLES A .
      Now I need to manually adjust each SOCIAL PARTICLES B.

Thats why I would like to set 2 default SOCIAL PARTICLES in the "Particle Picker Column "
      Sometimes I will drag particle A and sometimes particle B.
      So can I easily copy the SOCIAL PARTICLE to have two of them in the "Particle Picker Column "

Try this:

1) create a folder [JOOMLA-ROOT]/templates/g5_hydrogen/custom/particles
      2) copy the two files "social.yaml" and "social.html.twig" from someTemplate/media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/particles/ to your new particle folder and rename them to "socialB.yaml" and "socialB.html.twig".
      3) create this new file, custom.scss, in a new folder [JOOMLA-ROOT]/templates/g5_hydrogen/custom/scss/
      4) copy from someTemplate/templates/rt_someTemplate/scss/someTemplate/particles/_social.scss to your custom/scss folder.
      5) edit your custom.scss so it has these two lines:
      @import "dependencies";
      @import "social";
    • The following users have thanked you: Robert

• Robert

• Thanks that solved it.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds