Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Installing Gantry 5 doesn't install all the plugins for me

• bobjenson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Online Marketing

SOLVED Installing Gantry 5 doesn't install all the plugins for me

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I have a weird issue. I install Gantry 5 (joomla-pkg_gantry5_v5.2.13.zip) and it displays that it installed fine but when I view the plugins and filter using 'gantry', it only shows 3 plugins;
      Gantry 5 - Presets
      Quick Icon - Gantry 5
      System - Gantry 5

But according to the instructions ( docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/installation ) I should have more plugins such as Gantry 5 Framework.

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bobjenson.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Installing Gantry 5 doesn't install all the plugins for me

• Nothing. That is correct - just the three plugins.

If you look on extensions manager > manage though like our screenshot in the docs you will see eight entries.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • bobjenson
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thanks Mark. The weird thing is when I tried to install a Gantry 5 template it displayed something like 'please install Gantry 5 Framework first' message. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it happens again and get the exact error. Cheers.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You will get that if the default template is not a Gantry 5 template but you have used a "Gantry 5 custom" menu item.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: bobjenson

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • bobjenson
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Just to let you know it's working now. I had a Gantry 4 templated set as default. Maybe it was something else but after I uninstalled that G4 templated and Ganty 4, I could successfully install the Gantry 5 template. Anyway, looks OK now, thanks for your help.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That would have been the issue, if you have G4 template set as default yet you use a "Gantry 5 custom" menu type that will cause that error to be displayed (and it's correct).

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds