0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 Error Again

• Doreen
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 5 Error Again

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Litespeed
      PHP version5.6.18
      Platform (name and version)Joomla 3.4.8 Stable; Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable
      Template/Extension (name and version)Galatea, v1
      Link to the IssueIn secure message

I am getting this error again. Here is how it came about:

In the templates section, I duplicated an existing Galatea template.

I select the duplicated template to edit it.

I get the following error:
      Error
      Please install Gantry 5 Framework!

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

What is going on?

I have confirmed that I already have the latest version of Gantry 5 installed so this is puzzling, and had reported this previously in a different forum post ( www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-solved-...olved-gantry-5-error ), but was told it was fine and when I logged in after their response, it was.

I have cleared all cache - even expired cache - and am still experiencing this issue. I have event tried to log out and then log back in and still get the same result.

UPDATE: I have also noticed that in the templates list the new template item does not show "Gantry 5" after it:

yet after I resorted the styles to show alphabetically so that I could send you a screenshot that shows that original item I duplicated was Gantry 5, suddenly the duplicate template now shows Gantry 5 and it now editable.

Again, any idea what is going on?

Thanks!
      Doreen
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Doreen. Reason: Added new information
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Error Again

• I couldn't access admin because the url you gave is partially missing.

But, it will be because you don't have the Gantry 5 template you are using set as default for the "default" outline.

If you need me to look please give the full admin url

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Doreen
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Oh sorry about that Mark. I've recently updated the original post to give you more information, and am including the full URL in the secure section of this message.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That admin url still does not work. You must have a secret key on it as it just redirects to home page. Please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Doreen
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Ugh, so sorry! Yes, we do. I thought I copied it. Here it is (secure section).
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Give me exacts steps to see this error - because I just tried all your outlines and they seem fine to me I presume the "about - nhi (2)" is the one you are referring to?

Clear your browser cache and try again.

Regards, Mark.
    • Doreen
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi there!

I gave you exact steps above in the updated original post, but am happy to provide them again here :)
      In the templates section, I duplicated an existing Galatea template.

I select the duplicated template to edit it.

I get the following error:
      Error
      Please install Gantry 5 Framework!

UPDATE: I have also noticed that in the templates list the new template item does not show "Gantry 5" after it:

yet after I resorted the styles to show alphabetically so that I could send you a screenshot that shows that original item I duplicated was Gantry 5, suddenly the duplicate template now shows Gantry 5 and it now editable.

I just went through these steps again duplicating another existing template and got the same results, only this time I have not gone back to the template list to resort it alphabetically, that way you can see the item without "Gantry 5" after it:

• Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Doreen. Reason: fixed typo
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The correct mecahnism to use to duplicate an outline is to go to Gantry 5 admin then press the "outlines" button. In there against every outline there is a "duplicate" button that is where you should duplicate the outline.

I will look into the method you used further though to see if I can replicate that... It should also work.

btw your version of Gal;atea is out of date on v1.0.0 - you shouldupdate to v1.1.0 (backup first).

Regards, Mark.
    • Doreen
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Oh, I had no idea I couldn't just "duplicate" the item right there in the templates list. I will use what you provided going forward.

And yes, I will take a backup on the site now and then update the template.

Are you leaving this post open while you investigate what happened using my steps?

UPDATE: I updated the template only to discover that I need to redo every single override I did within each Gantry template, so I've restored the site back to the previous version until I can account for all the overrides I made in each Gantry template.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Doreen. Reason: Updated my message
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Doreen wrote:
      Oh, I had no idea I couldn't just "duplicate" the item right there in the templates list. I will use what you provided going forward.

And yes, I will take a backup on the site now and then update the template.

Are you leaving this post open while you investigate what happened using my steps?

UPDATE: I updated the template only to discover that I need to redo every single override I did within each Gantry template, so I've restored the site back to the previous version until I can account for all the overrides I made in each Gantry template.

So I just checked your site again and I can see you are on latest Gantry 5.2.12 but that Galatea template is still out of date on v1.0.0 - so you really should update to v1.1.0. I don't understand your comment above about having to redo every single override? Why do you need to do that? You just install the new version of the template in extensions manager (do not uninstall first) and everything to do with your outlines should remain unchanged?

What I will say though is that you have an awful lot of outlines. - it really shouldn't be necessary to create that many outlines. If you keep the layout of the outlines to predominantly module position particles you can share that outline amongst many pages (menu items) and just assign whatever module you need to those positions. If you start creating "page specific" content directly on the layout (e.g. I see you are adding customhtml particles on the layout) then you innevitably will need an outline per page which will become unwieldly very quickly.

I have also spent some considerable time trying to recreate the issue that you originally had and I could not. So I suspect this may have been caused by a browser cache issue. Whenever you update anything you should clear both server cache and browser cache.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds