Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

SOLVED Image picker for Gantry 5

• SOLVED Image picker for Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hello RT,
      Last night I posted this in the wrong section of the forum, so am revising a bit and reposting here.

I am trying to create an image picker to easily add images as backgrounds in any section of my site. The steps for this are outlined in the Gantry documentation (docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/customizing-theme-files ) which I have followed exactly but with no joy. Ultimately the image selector is visible in all of my section settings on the layout page, and allows me to choose images, but they do not appear on the front end. What appears instead is the color white.

More Food for Thought:
      I have already gone to the styles page and made the relevant background section color transparent (Slideshow). The appearance of the white makes me think that somewhere there is a global setting (that I can't find for the life of me) that is overriding the background image selection. Either that or I've chumped the code entry somehow, or there's some other issue with the code.

Some other details. I'm running Joomla 3.4.8, and Gantry 5.2.11. My RT theme is Ethereal 1.2.2. Right now I've got three junk/small/different sized images running in a RokSprocket slideshow just to test for the image background. The background is supposed to be a red and black background that is much larger like the one visible in the showcase below the slideshow. I've included the link to my website on the secure tab. Also, I created the modified files specified in the Gantry documentation by starting with my existing twig and yaml files. I made copies of them, and then changed only the items that were different when I compared them to the recommended modified file versions in the documentation. I tried including the twig and yaml files I've created with the drag and drop area at the bottome of the page, but I don't think it worked--can't see them anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated--thanks! Jeff
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Jeff Betts.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Image picker for Gantry 5

• Re: SOLVED Image picker for Gantry 5

• Damir thanks, I've included the info you requested. Jeff
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Damir, that is fantastic, THANK YOU!
      I'm sure you hear this all the time, but I can't tell you what a huge help this is!

So did I miss a line somewhere when I was copying the modifications into the two files? Or do you mean there was a missing line in the Gantry documentation? How did you get it to work?

I also wanted to ask you about the CSS class you entered in the showcase section. It's 1111. What is that entry doing, and do I need to do something similar in other sections going forward?

You are awesome!
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• OK. Thanks again for your help!

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds