Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Social Media properties

• SOLVED Social Media properties

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • I've noticed that Gantry doesn;t provide support for the most common properties picked up by social media sites, in particular Facebook.
      Every time I fetch a page in the debugger I get:
      Warnings That Should Be Fixed
      Inferred Property The 'og:url' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
      Inferred Property The 'og:title' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
      Inferred Property The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
      Inferred Property The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Is this something that could be introduced in Gantry, templates or a plugin of sorts?
      I'd love to have some native RT solution if that was something easy to implement.

Thank you,

F.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Social Media properties

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • This is not a Gantry, template or RocketTheme issue. It occurs with other template providers and Wordpress sites. The best answer I could Google as to what causes this is:
      Are those tags on ' www.mywebaddress.com '?

Bear in mind the linter will follow the og:url tag as this tag should point to the canonical URL of the piece of content - so if you have a page, e.g. ' mywebaddress.com/article1 ' with an og:url tag pointing to ' mywebaddress.com ', Facebook will go there and read the tags there also.

Failing that, the most common reason i've seen for seemingly correct tags not being detected by the linter is user-agent detection returning different content to Facebook's crawler than the content you're seeing when you manually check

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds