Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Coming Soon Outline Activated - Possible 4Super Admin Still See All Pages?

• oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Coming Soon Outline Activated - Possible 4Super Admin Still See All Pages?

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi,

I've decided to replace a seperate (Non-RocketTheme) BS3 Coming Soon template that I was using on for e.g. www.domain.com/coming_soon , and I've decided to simplify and invoked the in-built Kraken Coming Soon page feature.

However, as I had any traffic for my domain directed to the BS3 Coming Soon template pages, then had my Joomla build on www.domain.com/testing_site - I could then still show any development changes to my Joomla site, to various persons I needed to share it with; whilst not having it set to noindex and nofollow till launch.

Would I be correct in saying, that the only way to show any dev changes still an now that I am running my joomla build on www.domain.com (root directory, which is what it will launch as) with the Coming Soon outline activated on all menu pages and items, is to each time go in to the CS Theme Outline and in the Assignments, disable it temporarily?

Or is there some 3rd party extension that somebody can point me towards, that will work in tandem with the RT Coming Soon outline setup, where anybody going to www.domain.com is faced with the coming soon page only but I can somehow still enable those I need to be showing, the actual pages, content and structure of my overall site behind the scenes.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Coming Soon Outline Activated - Possible 4Super Admin Still See All Pages?

• I don't know how you set this up but basically what you need to do is to have a "coming soon" menu item (even if hidden) with the coming soomn outline assigned to it and then make that menu item the default. This will be the page that anyone visiting your site will see. However, if you know the links to the other pages of your sites (e.g. mydomain.com/home) then you can still type that into the browser and get to the other pages. The other alternative it not to use the "coming soon" outline but instead just make your site "offline" and then once you login you will be able to see the site as normal.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: oj09

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • oj09
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Coming Soon Outline Activated - Possible 4Super Admin Still See All Pages?

• Mark,

Thanks for the reply and your first suggestion did the trick, which I feel is a better more modern route to achieve the solution I needed most; as opposed to just putting it offline.

As I understand it, the in-built joomla offline for maintenance page cannot have custom things placed on the page, whereas in the likes of RT/Gantry's Coming Soon Outline page, it can and this is what makes it fit better.

Although, the benefit to the in-built offline page is being able to give login credentials to people who you need seeing the site while it's under development, they can then login and view the front-end from behind the offline element.

Horses for courses I suppose.

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds