Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

• SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi fellow members, does anyone know of any 'detailed' gantry 5 tutorials (how to etc) as I just do not seem to be able to get my head around creating website using the gantry 5 particles etc. I know it sounds stupid but I just dont seem to be 'getting' it. I never had any issues using any of the other gantry versions.
      Sry for being so dumb.
      Cheers
      Neil Bishop
    • The following users have thanked you: Jaco Thom

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

• Hi Neil

Yes it's tougher for us non-youngins to get our head around a new paradigm. However as I've used Gantry 5 more and more I feel confident about giving users advice.

So try this, install Joomla 3.4.8 Full Package and then the Gantry 5 framework and the Xenon Template.
      Then go to our " Joomla! Documentation " and pick a more recent Gantry 4 template that your familiar with. Then try to recreate the Demo look on your Xenon setup using that guide.

The point I'm making here is you don't even need to use Particles to build a functional website, they're just an additonal tool to help you to present content in a different way than Joomla modules.

Our Xenon template layout is setup much in the same way Gantry 4's were setup. The layout consists of 3 module position's for each Section. Since these module position's also are accessible in Joomla's module manager you would create a module - assign an existing module position in the template - then assign it to a menu page.

This isn't really that much different than the method used in Gantry 4 ;)
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

• Roger that on the 'non-youngins' Dan :/, thank you for the advice... I will do as you say.
      Cheers
      Neil Bishop
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

• Neil Bishop wrote:
      Roger that on the 'non-youngins' Dan :/, thank you for the advice... I will do as you say.
      Cheers
      Neil Bishop

Although not directly related to this Topic, please see the guide G5 - Block Variations versus G4 Module Variations .

I think it might give you some pointers of dealing with Gantry 5.

If you have any specific issues then create a new Topic and post a link back here so I can see it.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 tutorials

• Great thanks again Dan.
      Cheers
      Neil Bishop

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds