Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED GANTRY 5.2.7 Restores default settings/layout/style for existing site

• SOLVED GANTRY 5.2.7 Restores default settings/layout/style for existing site

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • I have a WordPress multisite. I didn't relize there were problems using Gantry 5 with multisite because I only had one site using the Gantry 5 framework.

Upon install of Gantry 5.2.7 all settings, layouts, styles, menues, etc are lost and the theme uses default settings. I assume this has to do with a change of the locatiion of the configuration files. What is the best workflow for upgrading and maintaining settings for the current site?

I had a back up and was able to revert to Gantry 5.1.5 which corrected the problem.

Thank you
  • Re: SOLVED GANTRY 5.2.7 Restores default settings/layout/style for existing site

• Hi,

There are no known problems with WP multisite beggining from Gantry 5.2.5 or 5.2.6. In 5.2.5 or 5.2.6 (can't remember) we introduced separate configurations for child blogs, so that each site could use our theme and have it's own configuration.

The main network (multisite) blog (with id 1) uses exactly the same configuration location as non-multisite installations. Every child blog has it's configuration stored in the same location but under a child directory with it's id in the name. If you want to move your configuration from one blog to another it's as simple as copying config files from one directory to another.

Maybe you aren't using by default the main blog (with id 1) but a child blog and that's why it appears to you like the configuration is gone ?

Thanks,
      Jakub
    • The following users have thanked you: Ben Bogart

• Remember to always post a link to the site you're having problem with.
  • Re: SOLVED GANTRY 5.2.7 Restores default settings/layout/style for existing site

• Thank you Jakub,

Most of the problem ended up being that I didn't know where to look for the configuration files. I was looking under {theme}/config but actually they are located in {theme}/custom . Once I looked in the right place your answer made perfect sense and helped me resolve the problem,

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds