Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Before section corrupted in Page Settings

• SOLVED Before section corrupted in Page Settings

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Note: To clear up any confusion I am not reporting a bug. I posted this because my installation of the Hydrogen template is corrupted and the Before </body> section is not working properly. This is only an issue with my site and current installation of the Hydrogen template. I know the Before </body> section normally works just fine on new and uncorrupted installations.
      Pleae read my posts in full to better understand what I have done to try to rectify the issue. Thank you!

I have been working with Gantry 5 for some time now, since v.5.0.1. The test site I setup eventually became the basis for the site I'm using for my live site. The site has continued to be upgraded now using the latest version of gantry and joomla. I have found that the "Before </body>" section under Body Attributes in Page Settings is not injecting the code in to the frontend. No matter what is entered, even a simple
      <div>Hello</div>
      does not show up when inspecting the site. It is not limited to any particular outline, this section is broken throughout the Hydrogen template that is installed on my site. I have installed the Xenon template and that section works just fine. I have done a fresh install of the Joomla and Hydrogen and it works fine. I have even taken a backup of the site, uninstalled the Hydrogen template and reinstalled it and the "Before </body>" section works fine so it is an issue specifically with a file on my installation of the Hydrogen template that has become corrupted.

I would like to resolve this issue without having to uninstall and reinstall the Hydrogen template because I will lose the changes I have made and really don't want to have to start over.

The test site URL is ksc.te.n8solutions.org
      Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)Linux
      PHP version5.5.30
      Platform (name and version)Joomla! 3.4.8
      Template/Extension (name and version)Gantry 5 Hydrogen v5.2.6
      Link to the issue ksc.te.n8solutions.org

Thank you in advance for looking at this.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by MICHAEL KOONTZ.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Before section corrupted in Page Settings

• Hmm...seems to work fine in my local copy of Hydrogen, all updated to latest.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
  • Re: SOLVED Before section corrupted in Page Settings

• Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I know that generally it does work fine which is why I pointed out in my post that my installation is corrupted. Also, as I mentioned above, if I uninstall the template and reinstall the template that works fine however I lose all of my changes and configuration. I would also like to add that I have tried installing the Hydrogen template on top of the current installation but it does not change anything, the problem still exists. I have also gone so far as to remove any and all extensions as well as my custom.scss file but it made no difference, the problem remains.

I have installed the Xenon template and it has the same settings as the Hydrogen template but it only works in the Xenon template.
      ksc.te.n8solutions.org/el <-- Xenon assigned to the Greek Menu
      and not working:
      ksc.te.n8solutions.org/en <-- Hydrogen assigned to the English Menu
      It doesn't matter if I reverse the menu assignments the outcome is still the same, the Before </body> section in my installation of the Hydrogen template is not working properly.

I would like to point out again that I am not saying this is a bug. I am saying this is a problem with my installation, that my installation is corrupted and this section only is not working properly on my installationand I would like to fix it without having to uninstall and reinstall the Hydrogen template.

Please take a look at your earliest convenience using the credentials I provided in my original post and you will see the problem for yourself. Thank you again for your attention to this.

This was solved with the help of w00fz in Gitter for Gantry 5. The issue was that I had setup the headroom.js script for my site a long time ago following the instructions available in the Gantry 5 documentation as well as the blog. What I was unaware of was the fact that with the upgrades that have happened to the Hydrogen template the page.html.twig was also updated. This meant the page.html.twig file being used for an override for the headroom.js javascript was outdated and needed to be updated to reflect the changes in the upgrades. I simply deleted the page.html.twig override file from the custom folder and added the headroom.js javascript as an asset in Page Settings of the base outline.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by MICHAEL KOONTZ.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Before section corrupted in Page Settings

• N8Solutions wrote:
      This was solved with the help of w00fz in Gitter for Gantry 5.

Thanks for posting Djamils solution
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds