Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Need help with database error

• SOLVED Need help with database error

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi all,

I've been working on building a website and recently have been focusing on adding K2 articles. Progress has been going pretty well and over the past few days my work has been limited exclusively to adding photos to the K2 articles.

Tonight when I logged into the administrator control panel I received the following error:

Table 'joomla03.dys4l_updates' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM dys4l_updates WHERE element='pkg_gantry5' OR extension_id IN (724)

I'm a bit perplexed since I haven't changed anything on my site other than K2 articles. Any ideas on how to fix this database error? I would try a few things but I'm worried about messing something up.

I'm running my site on a localhost and I haven't made any changes recently.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Need help with database error

• Using Adminer or the second choice of PhPMyAdmin can you check to see if this table " Table 'joomla03.dys4l_updates' " actually exists?
  • Re: SOLVED Need help with database error

• It doesn't exist. While it shows up in the listing of database tables when I click on the name of the table I get the message

#1146 – Table ‘Joomla03.dysl4l_updates’ doesn’t exist.

I do have a series of Akeeba backups I can fall back to, but I'd loose a few days work if I performed a restore which I'd rather avoid.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• 71 Corvette wrote:
      It doesn't exist. While it shows up in the listing of database tables when I click on the name of the table I get the message

#1146 – Table ‘Joomla03.dysl4l_updates’ doesn’t exist.

I do have a series of Akeeba backups I can fall back to, but I'd loose a few days work if I performed a restore which I'd rather avoid.

Okay you have two options here:

Would you please send me Cpanel access info and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look..

OR

Would you please create a Super Admin login for me along with FTP access info and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.

• I'm working on a localhost so I'll need to upload my site to a live server. I'll send you the information once that's complete.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• 71 Corvette wrote:
      I'm working on a localhost so I'll need to upload my site to a live server. I'll send you the information once that's complete.

I'll be here.

• I've uploaded my site to a webserver and verified I'm still receiving the same warning message. I've included a link to the web address and user account in the secure portion of my response. Thnaks
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• 71 Corvette wrote:
      I've uploaded my site to a webserver and verified I'm still receiving the same warning message. I've included a link to the web address and user account in the secure portion of my response. Thnaks

Okay thats a start but the Admin doesn't give me access to your DB. So I need an FTP account and this DB info:
      DB name:
      DB user:
      DB pass:

• My apologies, I totally spaced that. I've sent information for my database via the secure portion of the message.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by 71 Corvette.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• 71 Corvette wrote:
      My apologies, I totally spaced that. I've sent information for my database via the secure portion of the message.

That error looks like the Joomla #_updates table doesn't exist in your DB. Now, if you will scroll up you will notice my post indicated I also need FTP access ;)

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds