Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5.2.5 template edit GUI errors -

• SOLVED Gantry 5.2.5 template edit GUI errors -

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Sairam,

I have just updated the gantry 5 plugin via Joomla's update function to 5.2.5. Until this update, Gantry 5 was working flawlessly and I was able to edit the templates as and how I desired. There were no errors at all! The website itself ( sssstpd.com ) is functioning well.

After updating Gantry 5 today, this happens:

1. Gantry 5 opens Kraken (Default) template back-end GUI properly.
      2. I click on Layout, Settings, or any of the available template GUI options.
      3. A pop-up window opens with the data for the option I chose. This is where things go wrong.

3a. When Styles, Settings, Page Settings, or Assignments is chosen, the pop-window opens with all the data EXCEPT for the name of the outline being edited.

3b. When LAYOUT option is chosen, the pop-window opens with the sidebar full of Layout tools, but NO layout grid data shown. Please check the attached screenshot. The name of the outline being edited is also missing. This problem occurs both in Google Chrome and Firefox. From the screenshot, you can see that the original window is in the background and this pop-window has errors. The previous iteration of this GUI, without the pop-window, was working well.

4. When editing the MENU via the Layout options, none of the settings cogs for sub-menu items do anything. They don't open any options or dialogue boxes at all. See second screenshot.

5. Right-click opening LAYOUT or any of the MENU settings cogs in a new window gives all the data correctly, but upon saving, there is an error message (for settings cogs) - "405 Method Not Allowed". For Layout menu, any changes made are not saved.

At this moment, I am unable to modify the layout of my pages and since Gantry 5's power rests in this feature, I can't update my website with new content (a lot of which is powered by the layout features, such as Block Content).

A patch to fix this would be really appreciated. If that is not possible - Could you kindly issue another upgrade of Gantry 5 as a downgrade to the previous version? Or, could you please tell me how I can downgrade Gantry 5 to the previous version myself, without ruining my website?

I truly appreciate the services that Rockettheme offers and Gantry 5 has been amazing so far. Keep up the great work and God bless.

Sairam,

Jaidev Kesavan
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Jaidev Kesavan.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG

• Conducting business with passion and compassion
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.2.5 template edit GUI errors -

• Hmm...I just this on a another members site but since we were both in the Admin at the same time I blamed it on that. I couldn't replicate it on my local however.

It seems we have an issue here. I've submitted a ticket to our internal bug tracker about this issue.
      For now see " Changelog for v5.2.5 " and see if any of the fixes are critical to you. If not then uninstall 5.2.5 and reinstall 5.2.4.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Jaidev Kesavan wrote:
      After updating Gantry 5 today, this happens:

1. Gantry 5 opens Kraken (Default) template back-end GUI properly.
      2. I click on Layout, Settings, or any of the available template GUI options.
      3. A pop-up window opens with the data for the option I chose. This is where things go wrong.

Thank you for your detailed write-up.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.2.5 template edit GUI errors -

• Sairam,

You're welcome. I love Rockettheme templates and Gantry 5 especially. I remember rubbing my hands together in glee, when I first read that Gantry 5 was going to be released. It is a very innovative and development-simplifying piece of technology.

About Gantry 5.2.4, could you please help me with downloading it? I haven't been able to find any download links for the previous version and I don't have it on my local storage.

If you could supply a download link, I'd appreciate it. Meanwhile, I'll look for it myself too.

ANOTHER BUG: I forgot to mention that when you rename a template OUTLINE in the pop-up window, the new name is not saved. The ONLY way to change it seems to be to open the outline in a NEW WINDOW with right-click method and then, rename it. Even that doesn't work all the time.

Thank you for your help and prompt reply.

Sairam,

Jaidev Kesavan
    • Melanie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi,

I also have exactly same issue after updating gantry via Joomla updater. I have a floating popup with no elements in it - see image.

Is the a fix for this? Am I able to install the older version to fix it? - Ah, just read that can uninstall 525 and reinstall earlier version, however now when I go to the template file it only has the latest version. Where would I fing the older version?

Kind regards

Mel
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Melanie.
    • agpsuser
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Same problem. I have to Clear Cache (Joomla & Template) and Clear Expired Cache to display normaly the Template layout.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5.2.5 template edit GUI errors -

• Sairam,

As of Gantry 5.2.6 (latest upgrade), I am no longer facing the bugs mentioned in this topic. Everything is back to the way it was in 5.2.4 and is very peachy. Thank you Rockettheme.

I hereby mark this thread with the great stamp of awesomeness - <SOLVED>

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds