Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Dynamically displaying article content in particle

• SOLVED Dynamically displaying article content in particle

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • In Gantry 4, it was very easy to use RokSprocket and grab a filtered selection of articles based on tags or categories or other properties of the article and display them in a newflash module or a slideshow.

Now, with Gantry 5, I'm trying to look for the same capabilities and not finding them. It seems that particles assume you are creating bite-sized chunks of content within the particle editor and completely circumventing the core Joomla article model.

Questions
      - Is it possible to display content from Joomla articles in Gantry 5 particles? Can I, for example, display a slideshow on a page where each slide simply grabs the Full Article Image and intro text and then displays a read more that links to the article itself
      - If so, can you point me to where I could how to do this?

Thanks.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Dynamically displaying article content in particle

• FizzBizz wrote:
      - Is it possible to display content from Joomla articles in Gantry 5 particles?
      Not yet - you have to provide the content.
      So why use a particle and just not use RokSprocket?
    • The following users have thanked you: FizzBizz

• Re: SOLVED Dynamically displaying article content in particle

• Thanks. I didn't realize that one could still use Roksprocket. I was under the impression that all those "old" extensions were being replaced by Gantry 5 features.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• FizzBizz wrote:
      Thanks. I didn't realize that one could still use Roksprocket. I was under the impression that all those "old" extensions were being replaced by Gantry 5 features.

Goodness no! RokSprocket is our premiere extension and it would be a long time before we say bye to that. What is new with Gantry 5 is the new method to present content to the user in the form of Particles.

This gives you a large array of content presentations methods for you to choose from to garner the best looking site for your client.

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • So, does roksprocket then need to go into a particle? Or are you saying it is used in the traditional way? If it is the traditional way, how do you make sure it shows in the right position?
    • The following users have thanked you: CathyR

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Zoran Kanti-Paul wrote:
      So, does roksprocket then need to go into a particle? Or are you saying it is used in the traditional way? If it is the traditional way, how do you make sure it shows in the right position?

Yes it has to go into a particle but the rest of it is the "traditional" way. Typical example is in Joomla Module Manager -> create a RokSprocket module and assign it to module position Showcase-A.

Then in an Outline -> Layout Manager -> Showcase section -> drag a module position or module instance particle to that grid and in the Particle settings enter Showcase-A for module position or the RokSprocket module ID# if using module instance.
    • The following users have thanked you: CathyR

• Hi Zoran, My name is Jeffry Chaves, web developer jcmsoluciones, I need to ask you a question , what is your email please? Thanks...

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds