Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Mobile menu icon missing

• Mitch

SOLVED Mobile menu icon missing

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hello guys

Some strange issue i cannot see why it happens. Sorry i take the lazy way, but i am quite sure it saves me much time :)

I changed the mobile menu breakpoint to 1199px ... in real it changes from 1182px to 1181px. Then mobile menu should appear. What it does, is that it hides the normal menu, which is good, but there is no icon now for the mobile menu. Although what again is possible to swipe to the right and then menu comes in...
      so how to make the mobile menu icon visible?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Mitch
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Mobile menu icon missing

• Hi
      and welcome to the forums
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Mitch wrote:
      Hello guys

Some strange issue i cannot see why it happens. Sorry i take the lazy way, but i am quite sure it saves me much time :)

I changed the mobile menu breakpoint to 1199px ... in real it changes from 1182px to 1181px. Then mobile menu should appear. What it does, is that it hides the normal menu, which is good, but there is no icon now for the mobile menu. Although what again is possible to swipe to the right and then menu comes in...
      so how to make the mobile menu icon visible?

By doing this your invoking this CSS:
      .g-offcanvas-toggle {
          display: none;
      }
      which kills the Toggle display. What are you trying to accomplish by changing the breakpoint?
    • Mitch

• unfortunately it does not seem to work

I want to avoid a unpretty display of the menu (like 2 lines instead on one) ... so i want to bring the mobile menu up quite soon, this is why i set breakpoint so high...

//edit:

ah i see what your code does, but that is not what i am looking for. I look at my page on my smartphone and there is the mobile menu icon. When i set the breakingpoint very high, it just disappears but i want it to stay until breakingpoint is reached.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Mitch.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Mitch wrote:
      unfortunately it does not seem to work

I want to avoid a unpretty display of the menu (like 2 lines instead on one) ... so i want to bring the mobile menu up quite soon, this is why i set breakpoint so high...

//edit:

ah i see what your code does, but that is not what i am looking for. I look at my page on my smartphone and there is the mobile menu icon. When i set the breakingpoint very high, it just disappears but i want it to stay until breakingpoint is reached.

In your Outline -> Styles -> Breakpoints -> Tablet & Mobile Menu -> 49rem
    • Mitch

• I set both to 60rem. Now it is more like i want it :) thanks.

by the way: any good reason to change the unit to "rem"? i would assume px would be more known
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Mitch wrote:
      I set both to 60rem. Now it is more like i want it :) thanks.

by the way: any good reason to change the unit to "rem"? i would assume px would be more known

REM units being relative units are better suited to responsive templates as px units are fixed regardless of the device being used. Also REM units scale properly when a user has front end font-size choices whereas px units are fixed in this scenario as well.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds