Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Exporting Gantry 5 settings

• rikard0
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Exporting Gantry 5 settings

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

Please tell me: where exactly are the changes, which I make in the Gantry 5 test site, saved?

Which folders, files and DB tables I need to export<->import from the test to the live site, quickly?

Thank you.
      Best regards.
      ricco
    • Never back down
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I'm not a developer and I'm not sure if it's that's simple... it's entirely possible that unique keys are used in the database table that cannot be transferred from site to site... I'd say just poke around your DB for any table with "gantry" in its name
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: rikard0

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: SOLVED Exporting Gantry 5 settings

• We were able to export the settings / layout of our hydrogen template from our testing site to our working site.
      Most of the actual settings are stored in the /templates/your_g5_template/custom/config. Inside there's a folder for every layout you have.
      Also you have to import the associated entries from your #__template_styles table into the working site.
      After that, just reload/refresh and you should see all your layouts correctly imported to your new site.
    • The following users have thanked you: rikard0

• rikard0
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Why did you mark it as solved?! This is very unprofessional.

If you are not a developer forward the topic to someone who can answer!

You are making 2 completely deferent things with the same name! WHY?

How to get upgraded from Gantry 4 to Gantry 5? Is it possible at all?
    • Never back down
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• The Gantry project is open source and hosted on GitHub... you can inquire there for development related questions.

github.com/gantry/gantry5

I'll take the Solved off... Carlos posted his solution and you Thanked him... someone also set the Post Icon to Solved (the checkmark) so I marked it Solved after seeing that and as it was over 2 weeks from the original post.

Gantry 5 is a complete re-write from scratch and Gantry 4 themes are not compatible with it.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • rikard0
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• We've got improvements, slowly, slowly we will get there, hopefully eventually.
    • Never back down

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds