Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED template width

• SOLVED template width

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • hello,
      can you tell me how I can adjust the width of a template in Gantry 5? I want to change it from full width to a fixed width.
      I've tried to find the answer in the documentation but couldn't find it, can you help me with this?

thanks,
      Sander
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED template width

• Sander Noorman wrote:
      hello,
      can you tell me how I can adjust the width of a template in Gantry 5? I want to change it from full width to a fixed width.
      I've tried to find the answer in the documentation but couldn't find it, can you help me with this?

thanks,
      Sander

In Gantry 4 the Fixed-Width options needed a large amount of CSS to provide that layout. We decided not too bloat Gantry 5 with that overhead. However there is nothing stopping you from applying CSS code to restrict the layout to a fixed width.

If your client insists on Fixed width and your unsure of your CSS coding level than I would suggest going with a Gantry 4 template.
  • Re: SOLVED template width

• thanks for answering Dan!
      That's a real shame, I really hope that the option to change the template width comes back in the future.

Sander
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED template width

• Sander Noorman wrote:
      thanks for answering Dan!
      That's a real shame, I really hope that the option to change the template width comes back in the future.

Sander

Unless web trends do a 180 turn, responsive designs are here to stay and they don't work with Fixed Widths. As far as I know our Gantry 5 framework is the first that allows a user to define the breakpoint so as to trigger the appropriate media queries to be applied to the content.
    • The following users have thanked you: Sander Noorman

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds