Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

• Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Hi Dan, I did a screencapture video of the issue to demonstrate, as it may be easier to just show you rather than try to explain.

Let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Sidenote, this happens on more than one computer, and I've tried with Firefox and Chrome, same issue everywhere. I've had this issue since day one that Gantry 5 was released, and I originally thought it was a bug so I delayed switching to the new template until a month or so ago.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Michael.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 templates don't keep Style settings upon reload of admin panel

• I could NOT replicate this on my local Callisto using your video as a guide. However I tried your Admin again and yes I see the issue. For me coming back and seeing the GA Atom row empty was resolved by a simple page refresh. So this is some kind of odd caching issue.

If you ever have an issue with your browser display but it looks fine on other people's computers then start your browser in a "Safe Mode":

"Incognito" - for Chrome
      "Private" - for FireFox
      "Safe Mode" - for IE11

What this does is turn all the users add-ons and custom browsers settings OFF and can help resolve a browser related issue.

If that doesn't do anything then in a subfolder could you install a Callisto RocketLauncher and then see if you have the same issue. I'm trying to sort out if this is somehow server related.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Dan.

It's very odd behavior. I too was starting to wonder if it was a caching issue.

Just so you know I've experienced this behavior on atleast 4-5 desktop computers and 2 laptops. Tried with firefox and chrome. I'm pretty sure this behavior happens on all of them.

What you experienced with the Atoms section as example also occurs on the styles tab as well as the rest of the layout. When you change colours or check or uncheck the boxes they show as reverted when you return if you don't refresh or restart the browser.

When I have time later I will try a rocketlauncher to see what happens there.

I also experienced this issue on a second site I had tried setting up. Both were hosted on Cloudaccess.net
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      I also experienced this issue on a second site I had tried setting up. Both were hosted on Cloudaccess.net

PLEASE PLEASE - calling on all the snowflakes of past, present and future - tell me your not using Cloudflare.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I am running Cloudflare but I have page rules set up to bypass (no cache, security, apps or anything) on everything on the administrator.

Is Incapsula any better or does Cloudflare experience issues on this respect?
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I can try disabling it tomorrow and see if it makes a difference otherwise Cloudflare doesn't create any other issues on the site.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Ok I have disabled Cloudflare and done some testing. The issue is the same. Changes only appear if you reload/refresh the page or close and reopen the browser.

Any other ideas?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      Ok I have disabled Cloudflare and done some testing. The issue is the same. Changes only appear if you reload/refresh the page or close and reopen the browser.

Any other ideas?

I want to try something - can you enable the Admin password and Admin access again?

My comment on Cloudflare was based on so many of our users having their issues resolve to CloudFlare. However it seems you know how to set it up properly
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Michael
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Here you go.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• sseguin wrote:
      Here you go.

Some news for and it's not the greatest :(
      Please check the SECURE part of my reply.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds