Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Cannot add Module Instances/Positions or Page Content

• scs

SOLVED Cannot add Module Instances/Positions or Page Content

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • I have startet testing Gantry 5 and have some problems.

Test domain 1: Have installed RT Ambrosia an a existing site (RT Myriad and Gantry4). After reading the documentation i have added Module Instances, Module Positions and Page Content to my Layout. Neither is visible on my site and i get no error messages. If i add Custom HTML the html is visible.

Test domain 2: Installed Ambrosia rocketlauncher and i get open_basedir error:
      Twig_Error_Runtime
      HELP
      An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/xxx/yyy/zzz/web/templates/rt_ambrosia/../../../images/rocketlauncher/home/slideshow/img-01-preset1.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/xxx/yyy/zzz ...........)") in "@nucleus/page_head.html.twig" at line 6.

Template is trying to access /xxx/yyy/zzz/images/rocketlauncher/home/slideshow/img-01-preset1.jpg (missing 'web/') which obviously is outside what the website can access.
      If i remove Ambrosia and install the Hydrogen template the open_basedir error messages are no longer present but now i have the same problems as on Test domain 1.

On both test sites:
      -Everything is updated
      -Cache=off
      -Error messaging=Development
      -All files/folders are writable

Anyone have suggestions, solutions on this problems?
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Cannot add Module Instances/Positions or Page Content

• We're aware of this issue with Open-basedir set to a value other than "None" and RokSprocket and currently investigating it.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by DanG.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
    • scs

• Ok, Dan.
      Any thoughts about why i cant get Page Content or Modules to work? They are "turned on" in the settings and i do what docs.gantry.org/gantry5/particles/module-instance says for the Layout.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

A <div class="g-grid">...</div> is only added for the three Custom HTML's.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Page Content is a special particle that calls Joomla's Main Body. Our Gantry 5 templates have no such entity as a Main Body. So the solution for Page Content on the home page is to assign the Main Menu Home menu item to the Outline that has the Page Content particle loaded.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • scs wrote:
      I have startet testing Gantry 5 and have some problems.

Test domain 1: Have installed RT Ambrosia an a existing site (RT Myriad and Gantry4). After reading the documentation i have added Module Instances, Module Positions and Page Content to my Layout. Neither is visible on my site and i get no error messages. If i add Custom HTML the html is visible.

Anyone have suggestions, solutions on this problems?

Our devs believe that the open_basedir issue has been resolved with the release of Gantry 5 v5.1.2. So I recommend you update to this version.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds