Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

You are not authorized to access that page, please login...

SOLVED Problems with trying Gantry 5, going back to Gantry 4, 404 Error now

• SOLVED Problems with trying Gantry 5, going back to Gantry 4, 404 Error now

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • I was trying to update to Gantry 5 and after an unsuccessful attempt, trying to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling Gantry 4, I now get a 404 Error when accessing my site at www.petsinthesitty.com . Everything works fine when I clicked on the HOME button in the nav bar, but that's not how I want my site to work, obvoiusly.

This is the chain of events that got me to where I am now:

1) Installed Gantry 5 and Hydrogen theme
      2) Gantry didn't overwrite/update version 4 so I uninstalled all elements of Gantry 4
      3) With Gantry 5 / Hydrogen left, I went to my site and the Hydrogen theme was active, Vermillion was not
      4) I then uninstalled Gantry 5 and disabled g5_hydrogen template
      5) I reinstalled Gantry 4

Can't Gantry 5/Hydrogen be installed and I still use my Vermillion template?

If so, what do I need to do to get everything to work?

If not, how can I fix my 404 Error on my home URL www.petsinthesitty.com ?

Please help!!! I am including my backend login credentials under the Secure tab. See attached for some screenshots.

Thanks,
      Donna
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Problems with trying Gantry 5, going back to Gantry 4, 404 Error now

• Would you please create a Super Admin login for me along with FTP access info and place it in the SECURE part of your Reply

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

so that I can take a look.
  • Re: SOLVED Problems with trying Gantry 5, going back to Gantry 4, 404 Error now

• Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking a look. See access info under Secure tab.

Donna
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• akjordonna wrote:
      Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking a look. See access info under Secure tab.

Donna

Okay last thing I need:

Plan A - life is perfect and you would like to see...(fill in the blank)
      Plan B - life sucks eggs and you would settle for ...(fill in the blank)
  • Re: SOLVED Problems with trying Gantry 5, going back to Gantry 4, 404 Error now

• Dan,

Plan A would be to just get my site back to normal and not upgrade to Gantry 5 (if upgrading to Gantry 5 means I must use the hydrogen template and I cannot use Vermillion).

Plan B - if I can upgrade to Gantry 5 AND keep using the Vermillion template - would be to go ahead and upgrade.

But most important is the Vermillion template and having the correct site show when accessing from the actual URL - www.petsinthesitty.com

Regardless, I'm going to try and build an entirely new test/demo site using Gantry 5 this weekend so I can learn how it works...

Let me know what to do or tell me after you do it.

Thanks!!
      Donna
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Okay your Home page is back - I set the Home page to be the Main Menu -> Home item.

Gantry 4 and Gantry 5 should coexist together so I'll take a look at this.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds