Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry causes Template Manger page to become blank in Joomla 3.2.3

• SOLVED Gantry causes Template Manger page to become blank in Joomla 3.2.3

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)amazon linux
      PHP version5.3.28
      Platform (name and version)Apache/2.2.26 (Amazon)
      Template/Extension (name and version)Gantry
      Link to the Issue xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates

I have an Amazon EC2 instance running Amazon linux. The instance has Joomla 3.2.3 installed, and it seems to be working properly. The bug is that after installing Gantry (I tried all versions from 4.1.22 to 4.1.18) the Template Manager page is blank. All other compenents, plugins, etc. seem to be working fine. As soon as I uninstall Gantry the Template Manager page re-appears, so I have isolated this bug to Gantry. Your help in resolving this critical issue is greatly appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Sanovas Admin.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Gantry causes Template Manger page to become blank in Joomla 3.2.3

• The Gantry framework requires a Gantry-enabled template, i.e. a Rockettheme template. Your not running any.

Okay lets start from the beginning so we're on the same page when describing things.
      For Joomla 2.5.x and 3.0.x we offer 3 installation packages:
      1. RocketLauncher which contains:
      • the latest Joomla core installation
      • the template itself
      • a mix of Rockettheme extensions
      • the Gantry framework which is like the Control Panel for the template.
      Don't confuse the Gantry framework which is for our Joomla templates, with the actual Gantry template.
      This package needs an empty folder on your server. Use Cpanel to upload the ZIP file and extract out all the files or use an FTP client to upload all the extracted files from your local drive to the empty folder. This will get your Joomla core installed, the template and the Gantry framework. During installation choosing to install "Sample Data" will make the installed site look like the demo. However with our newer templates the "Sample Data" step is SKIPPED as it's automatically done for you.

2. Bundle
      • the template
      • the Gantry framework
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a non-Rockettheme template installed. After installation you have the required template and the Gantry framework. No "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information. There are no extensions offered with this package since they have to be installed in folders outside of the Rockettheme template folder.

3. Template Standalone
      • which is the template itself.
      This package is used when there is a previous Joomla installation with a Rockettheme template installed. Since Gantry would have been previously installed, it's only required to install the template (although upgrading to the latest Gantry is highly recommended). Again no "Sample Data" is offered as your Database already contains site content information and the same situation for extensions as the "Bundle".
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry causes Template Manger page to become blank in Joomla 3.2.3

• Sorry, I forgot I uninstalled the template and Gantry as part of figuring out the problem. Paradigm 1.2 bundle now installed.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• No problem ;)

So to mark this issue as Solved, please edit the Topic Title in your 1st post to read
      [SOLVED] Topic Title
      Thanks.

• OK, let me know when you have a chance to help fix this serious problem. The Template Manager page is now blank again after installing Gantry. Gantry makes the template dissapear. I have looked at this some more, and it seems to be the Gantry system plug-in that is crashing the Template Manager page and causing it to disappear. Thanks!

I have attached a screen shot showing the problem... yeah it's a screenshot of a blank page, but if you see the URL you will see it's the URL for the Template Manager, which is now gone due to the problem with Gantry.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Sorry I misunderstood your meaning when you said you installed a Rockettheme template.
      My Chrome Developer Tools is showing an error when accessing the Template Manager:
      Request URL:http://54.215.222.110/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates
      Request Method:GET
      Status Code:500 Internal Server Error

A "500 internal server error" is a very generic error that means a URL you've requested couldn't be accessed. The error is actually on the server side and NOT in the Joomla/Theme code. One of the more common occurences that can raise this error are if you've updated your Joomla/Theme installation and are using a newer PHP version but some code references an older version of PHP. Also installing a new plugin, if not well written, could corrupt the .htaccess file. And there are MANY more than can cause this error.

The best way to get a handle is too work with your hosting provider. Start by reviewing your Apache error logs. You could also do some basic debugging by backing up your current .htaccess file to your HDD. Then on the server copy delete all the code and save. See if this resolves the issue. If so then it's one of the lines of .htaccess code that is causing the issue.

• Hi, I've been trying to track down what is wrong and can't seem to find out what it is. I'm not using an .htaccess file... I changed max post and max upload in PHP.ini, which is where I turned off magic quotes as well.

What's odd is that I have installed some other extensions which all work fine (JCE, Akeeba backup, eXtplorer, Admin Tools). I only use top-notch extensions and I keep them up to date. In fact, other non-gantry templates work fine. When I have debugged this the template page is gone, and I start uninstalling items one at a time until I found out that the system plugin for gantry (not the other Gantry extensions, or rockettheme add-ons).

So, although I understand why you might put the blame on my Amazon server instance, my own research strongly points to the gantry system plugin. Otherwise, why does everything work until I install Gantry, but then start working once I uninstall only the gantry system plugin? And why do other templates (such as Joomlart) work ok?

Perhaps there is a bug in the gantry system plugin and I have to patch somehting on the back-end of the Linux server to make that work... if so, could you can be more specific about the bug in Gantry, and what I need to do to patch things on the back end to make it work.

Thanks!

Here are the details of my server environment, let me know if you see something that's off.

PHP Information
      PHP Logo
      PHP Version 5.3.28

System Linux ip-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Jun 23 02:32:15 UTC 2012 x86_64
      Build Date Mar 28 2014 23:51:09
      Configure Command './configure' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=x86_64-amazon-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-t1lib=/usr' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--enable-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--with-mhash' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--libdir=/usr/lib64/php' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-mysqli=shared,/usr/lib64/mysql/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr/lib64/mysql/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--without-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-sqlite3' '--disable-phar' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell' '--disable-wddx' '--without-curl' '--disable-posix' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-sysvsem'
      Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
      Virtual Directory Support disabled
      Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc
      Loaded Configuration File /etc/php.ini
      Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php.d
      Additional .ini files parsed /etc/php.d/curl.ini, /etc/php.d/fileinfo.ini, /etc/php.d/json.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/mysqli.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini, /etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini, /etc/php.d/phar.ini, /etc/php.d/sqlite3.ini, /etc/php.d/zip.ini
      PHP API 20090626
      PHP Extension 20090626
      Zend Extension 220090626
      Zend Extension Build API220090626, NTS
      PHP Extension Build API20090626, NTS
      Debug Build no
      Thread Safety disabled
      Zend Memory Manager enabled
      Zend Multibyte Support disabled
      IPv6 Support enabled
      Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
      Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
      Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

Zend logo This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
      Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies

Configuration
      apache2handler

Apache Version Apache/2.2.26 (Amazon)
      Apache API Version 20051115
      Server Administrator root@localhost
      Hostname:Port ip-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      User/Group apache(48)/48
      Max Requests Per Child: 4000 - Keep Alive: off - Max Per Connection: 100
      Timeouts Connection: 60 - Keep-Alive: 15
      Virtual Server No
      Server Root /etc/httpd
      Loaded Modules core prefork http_core mod_so mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_authn_file mod_authn_alias mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbm mod_authn_default mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_authz_owner mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_default util_ldap mod_authnz_ldap mod_include mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env mod_ext_filter mod_mime_magic mod_expires mod_deflate mod_headers mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_info mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_substitute mod_rewrite mod_proxy mod_proxy_balancer mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_ajp mod_proxy_connect mod_cache mod_suexec mod_disk_cache mod_cgi mod_version mod_php5

Directive Local Value Master Value
      engine 1 1
      last_modified 0 0
      xbithack 0 0

Apache Environment

Variable Value
      HTTP_HOST XXXXXXXXX
      HTTP_CONNECTION keep-alive
      HTTP_ACCEPT text/html, application/xhtml+xml, application/xml;q=0.9, image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
      HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36
      HTTP_REFERER http://XXXXXXXXXXX/administrator/index.php
      HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING gzip, deflate, sdch
      HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE en-US, en;q=0.8
      HTTP_COOKIE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      PATH /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
      SERVER_SIGNATURE <address>Apache/2.2.26 (Amazon) Server at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Port 80</address>
      SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/2.2.26 (Amazon)
      SERVER_NAME XXXXXXXXXXXX
      SERVER_ADDR XXXXXXXXXXXX
      SERVER_PORT 80
      REMOTE_ADDR XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/html
      SERVER_ADMIN root@localhost
      SCRIPT_FILENAME /var/www/html/administrator/index.php
      REMOTE_PORT 52443
      GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
      SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1
      REQUEST_METHOD GET
      QUERY_STRING option=com_admin&view=sysinfo
      REQUEST_URI /administrator/index.php?option=com_admin&view=sysinfo
      SCRIPT_NAME /administrator/index.php

HTTP Headers Information

HTTP Request Headers
      HTTP Request GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_admin&view=sysinfo HTTP/1.1
      Host XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      Connection keep-alive
      Accept text/html, application/xhtml+xml, application/xml;q=0.9, image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
      User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36
      Referer http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/administrator/index.php
      Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate, sdch
      Accept-Language en-US, en;q=0.8
      Cookie XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      HTTP Response Headers
      X-Powered-By PHP/5.3.28

bz2

BZip2 Support Enabled
      Stream Wrapper support compress.bzip2://
      Stream Filter support bzip2.decompress, bzip2.compress
      BZip2 Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010

calendar

Calendar support enabled

Core

PHP Version 5.3.28

allow_call_time_pass_reference Off Off
      allow_url_fopen On On
      allow_url_include Off Off
      always_populate_raw_post_data Off Off
      arg_separator.input & &
      arg_separator.output & &
      asp_tags Off Off
      auto_append_file no value no value
      auto_globals_jit On On
      auto_prepend_file no value no value
      browscap no value no value
      default_charset no value no value
      default_mimetype text/html text/html
      define_syslog_variables Off Off
      disable_classes no value no value
      disable_functions no value no value
      display_errors Off Off
      display_startup_errors Off Off
      doc_root no value no value
      docref_ext no value no value
      docref_root no value no value
      enable_dl Off Off
      error_append_string no value no value
      error_log no value no value
      error_prepend_string no value no value
      error_reporting 22527 22527
      exit_on_timeout Off Off
      expose_php On On
      extension_dir /usr/lib64/php/modules /usr/lib64/php/modules
      file_uploads On On
      highlight.bg #FFFFFF #FFFFFF
      highlight.comment #FF8000 #FF8000
      highlight.default #0000BB #0000BB
      highlight.html #000000 #000000
      highlight.keyword #007700 #007700
      highlight.string #DD0000 #DD0000
      html_errors Off Off
      ignore_repeated_errors Off Off
      ignore_repeated_source Off Off
      ignore_user_abort Off Off
      implicit_flush Off Off
      include_path .:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php .:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php
      log_errors On On
      log_errors_max_len 1024 1024
      magic_quotes_gpc Off Off
      magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
      magic_quotes_sybase Off Off
      mail.add_x_header On On
      mail.force_extra_parameters no value no value
      mail.log no value no value
      max_execution_time 30 30
      max_file_uploads 1000 1000
      max_input_nesting_level 64 64
      max_input_time 60 60
      max_input_vars 1000 1000
      memory_limit 128M 128M
      open_basedir no value no value
      output_buffering 4096 4096
      output_handler no value no value
      post_max_size 100M 100M
      precision 14 14
      realpath_cache_size 16K 16K
      realpath_cache_ttl 120 120
      register_argc_argv Off Off
      register_globals Off Off
      register_long_arrays Off Off
      report_memleaks On On
      report_zend_debug On On
      request_order GP GP
      safe_mode Off Off
      safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value
      safe_mode_gid Off Off
      safe_mode_include_dir no value no value
      sendmail_from no value no value
      sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
      serialize_precision 100 100
      short_open_tag Off Off
      SMTP localhost localhost
      smtp_port 25 25
      sql.safe_mode Off Off
      track_errors Off Off
      unserialize_callback_func no value no value
      upload_max_filesize 100M 100M
      upload_tmp_dir no value no value
      user_dir no value no value
      user_ini.cache_ttl 300 300
      user_ini.filename .user.ini .user.ini
      variables_order GPCS GPCS
      xmlrpc_error_number 0 0
      xmlrpc_errors Off Off
      y2k_compliance On On
      zend.enable_gc On On

ctype

ctype functions enabled

curl

cURL support enabled
      cURL Information 7.24.0
      Age 3
      Features
      AsynchDNS Yes
      Debug No
      GSS-Negotiate Yes
      IDN Yes
      IPv6 Yes
      Largefile Yes
      NTLM Yes
      SPNEGO No
      SSL Yes
      SSPI No
      krb4 No
      libz Yes
      CharConv No
      Protocols dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, scp, sftp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
      Host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
      SSL Version NSS/3.12.10.0
      ZLib Version 1.2.7
      libSSH Version libssh2/1.2.2

date

date/time support enabled
      "Olson" Timezone Database Version 0.system
      Timezone Database internal
      Default timezone UTC

date.default_latitude 31.7667 31.7667
      date.default_longitude 35.2333 35.2333
      date.sunrise_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
      date.sunset_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
      date.timezone no value no value

ereg

Regex Library Bundled library enabled

exif

EXIF Support enabled
      EXIF Version 1.4 $Id$
      Supported EXIF Version 0220
      Supported filetypes JPEG, TIFF

exif.decode_jis_intel JIS JIS
      exif.decode_jis_motorola JIS JIS
      exif.decode_unicode_intel UCS-2LE UCS-2LE
      exif.decode_unicode_motorola UCS-2BE UCS-2BE
      exif.encode_jis no value no value
      exif.encode_unicode ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15

fileinfo

fileinfo support enabled
      version 1.0.5-dev

filter

Input Validation and Filtering enabled
      Revision $Id: 209a1c3c98c04a5474846e7bbe8ca72054ccfd4f $

filter.default unsafe_raw unsafe_raw
      filter.default_flags no value no value

ftp

FTP support enabled

gettext

GetText Support enabled

gmp

gmp support enabled
      GMP version 4.3.2

hash

hash support enabled
      Hashing Engines md2 md4 md5 sha1 sha224 sha256 sha384 sha512 ripemd128 ripemd160 ripemd256 ripemd320 whirlpool tiger128, 3 tiger160, 3 tiger192, 3 tiger128, 4 tiger160, 4 tiger192, 4 snefru snefru256 gost adler32 crc32 crc32b salsa10 salsa20 haval128, 3 haval160, 3 haval192, 3 haval224, 3 haval256, 3 haval128, 4 haval160, 4 haval192, 4 haval224, 4 haval256, 4 haval128, 5 haval160, 5 haval192, 5 haval224, 5 haval256, 5

iconv

iconv support enabled
      iconv implementation glibc
      iconv library version 2.17

iconv.input_encoding UTF-8 ISO-8859-1
      iconv.internal_encoding UTF-8 ISO-8859-1
      iconv.output_encoding UTF-8 ISO-8859-1

json

json support enabled
      json version 1.2.1

libxml

libXML support active
      libXML Compiled Version 2.9.1
      libXML Loaded Version 20901
      libXML streams enabled

mhash

MHASH support Enabled
      MHASH API Version Emulated Support

mysql

MySQL Support enabled
      Active Persistent Links 0
      Active Links 1
      Client API version 5.5.36
      MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE external
      MYSQL_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
      MYSQL_INCLUDE -I/usr/include/mysql
      MYSQL_LIBS -L/usr/lib64/mysql -lmysqlclient

mysql.allow_local_infile On On
      mysql.allow_persistent On On
      mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
      mysql.default_host no value no value
      mysql.default_password no value no value
      mysql.default_port no value no value
      mysql.default_socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
      mysql.default_user no value no value
      mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
      mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
      mysql.trace_mode Off Off

mysqli

MysqlI Support enabled
      Client API library version 5.5.36
      Active Persistent Links 0
      Inactive Persistent Links 0
      Active Links 0
      Client API header version 5.5.36
      MYSQLI_SOCKET /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

mysqli.allow_local_infile On On
      mysqli.allow_persistent On On
      mysqli.default_host no value no value
      mysqli.default_port 3306 3306
      mysqli.default_pw no value no value
      mysqli.default_socket no value no value
      mysqli.default_user no value no value
      mysqli.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
      mysqli.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
      mysqli.reconnect Off Off

openssl

OpenSSL support enabled
      OpenSSL Library Version OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
      OpenSSL Header Version OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013

pcre

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support enabled
      PCRE Library Version 8.21 2011-12-12

pcre.backtrack_limit 1000000 1000000
      pcre.recursion_limit 100000 100000

PDO

PDO support enabled
      PDO drivers mysql, sqlite

pdo_mysql

PDO Driver for MySQL enabled
      Client API version 5.5.36

pdo_mysql.default_socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

pdo_sqlite

PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x enabled
      SQLite Library 3.7.17

Phar

Phar: PHP Archive support enabled
      Phar EXT version 2.0.1
      Phar API version 1.1.1
      SVN revision $Id: 21d763042eb5769ae0a09dc1118df2b5aae6fb33 $
      Phar-based phar archives enabled
      Tar-based phar archives enabled
      ZIP-based phar archives enabled
      gzip compression enabled
      bzip2 compression enabled
      Native OpenSSL support enabled

Phar based on pear/PHP_Archive, original concept by Davey Shafik.
      Phar fully realized by Gregory Beaver and Marcus Boerger.
      Portions of tar implementation Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Tim Kientzle.

phar.cache_list no value no value
      phar.readonly On On
      phar.require_hash On On

Reflection

Reflection enabled
      Version $Id: 4af6c4c676864b1c0bfa693845af0688645c37cf $

session

Session Support enabled
      Registered save handlers files user
      Registered serializer handlers php php_binary

session.auto_start Off Off
      session.bug_compat_42 Off Off
      session.bug_compat_warn Off Off
      session.cache_expire 180 180
      session.cache_limiter none nocache
      session.cookie_domain no value no value
      session.cookie_httponly On Off
      session.cookie_lifetime 0 0
      session.cookie_path / /
      session.cookie_secure Off Off
      session.entropy_file no value no value
      session.entropy_length 0 0
      session.gc_divisor 1000 1000
      session.gc_maxlifetime 10800 1440
      session.gc_probability 1 1
      session.hash_bits_per_character 5 5
      session.hash_function 0 0
      session.name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX PHPSESSID
      session.referer_check no value no value
      session.save_handler user files
      session.save_path /var/lib/php/session /var/lib/php/session
      session.serialize_handler php php
      session.use_cookies On On
      session.use_only_cookies On On
      session.use_trans_sid 0 0

shmop

shmop support enabled

SimpleXML

Simplexml support enabled
      Revision $Id: 02ab7893b36d51e9c59da77d7e287eb3b35e1e32 $
      Schema support enabled

sockets

Sockets Support enabled

SPL

SPL support enabled
      Interfaces Countable, OuterIterator, RecursiveIterator, SeekableIterator, SplObserver, SplSubject
      Classes AppendIterator, ArrayIterator, ArrayObject, BadFunctionCallException, BadMethodCallException, CachingIterator, DirectoryIterator, DomainException, EmptyIterator, FilesystemIterator, FilterIterator, GlobIterator, InfiniteIterator, InvalidArgumentException, IteratorIterator, LengthException, LimitIterator, LogicException, MultipleIterator, NoRewindIterator, OutOfBoundsException, OutOfRangeException, OverflowException, ParentIterator, RangeException, RecursiveArrayIterator, RecursiveCachingIterator, RecursiveDirectoryIterator, RecursiveFilterIterator, RecursiveIteratorIterator, RecursiveRegexIterator, RecursiveTreeIterator, RegexIterator, RuntimeException, SplDoublyLinkedList, SplFileInfo, SplFileObject, SplFixedArray, SplHeap, SplMinHeap, SplMaxHeap, SplObjectStorage, SplPriorityQueue, SplQueue, SplStack, SplTempFileObject, UnderflowException, UnexpectedValueException

sqlite3

SQLite3 support enabled
      SQLite3 module version 0.7-dev
      SQLite Library 3.7.17

sqlite3.extension_dir no value no value

standard

Dynamic Library Support enabled
      Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

assert.active 1 1
      assert.bail 0 0
      assert.callback no value no value
      assert.quiet_eval 0 0
      assert.warning 1 1
      auto_detect_line_endings 0 0
      default_socket_timeout 60 60
      from no value no value
      safe_mode_allowed_env_vars PHP_ PHP_
      safe_mode_protected_env_vars LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
      url_rewriter.tags a=href, area=href, frame=src, input=src, form=fakeentry a=href, area=href, frame=src, input=src, form=fakeentry
      user_agent no value no value

tokenizer

Tokenizer Support enabled

xml

XML Support active
      XML Namespace Support active
      libxml2 Version 2.9.1

zip

Zip enabled
      Extension Version $Id: b1a1a3628c4ed0ad78fb0cc4a99b06a56aa281c4 $
      Zip version 1.11.0
      Libzip version 0.10.1

zlib

ZLib Support enabled
      Stream Wrapper support compress.zlib://
      Stream Filter support zlib.inflate, zlib.deflate
      Compiled Version 1.2.7
      Linked Version 1.2.7

zlib.output_compression Off Off
      zlib.output_compression_level -1 -1
      zlib.output_handler no value no value

• Also, when you say "if you've updated your Joomla/Theme installation and are using a newer PHP version but some code references an older version of PHP" that isn't the case either. As you can see from my configuration info in the previous post, I have a fresh install of Linux, the latests Joomla 3.2.3, and PHP 5.3.28. According to Joomla's systems requirements page ( www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html ) Joomla 3.2.3 requires a minimum of PHP5.3.1+, with PHP 5.4 recommended.

So as you see I am using an older verion of PHP, not a newer version as you thought. I know that 5.4+ is reccommended, but according to you, upgrading PHP may be the problem (which it isn't).. .but that makes me afraid you know of problems with the newer versions of PHP... what are they? Should I stay with 5.3.8 (which meets the minimum requirement) or upgrade to the latest 5.4 version?

I am using Amazon's RDS version of MySQL, but it's MySQL 5.5.36, which meets the minimum requirement of 5.1+

Please let me know what your thoughts are about how to get to the bottom of the blank Template Manager page.

Thanks!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

i've temporarily set error reporting to 'maximum' and when i now visit the template manager, the following error shows:
      Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/libraries/gantry/libs/phpQuery.php on line 255

please go to > system > system information > php information > configure command...
      it says somewhere:
      '--disable-dom'

please ask your host to enable dom, so that gantry and our templates can run properly.

kat :)
    • Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Kat05.
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Kat, thanks for your quick response, and for tracking that down! I'll try that now.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds