Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 update causes menu to disappear

• Gantry 5 update causes menu to disappear

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • I am using Gantry 5.5.5 on my wordpress website with Denali theme. I have updated all the plugins (except Gantry 5) and the theme first, the website had no issue with the menu. Then lastly, I upgraded the Gantry 5.5.5 to Gantry 5.5.17 and menu on the website disappeared. I checked all the settings on both wordpress and Gantry menu sections, there was nothing wrong. I can see all the menu items and settings as before in the admin portal but the website does not display the menu at all. I deleted the menu from both wordpress and Gantry, then re-added a simpler menu but did not change anything. I think I tried everything I can do from the admin portal but still could not solve the issue. Can you please help me about that?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry 5 update causes menu to disappear

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Please make sure you update Denali to it's latest version to be fully compatible with Gantry 5.5.17

There was a major menu update released for Gantry a while back... possibly after 5.5.5... it helped fixed broken menu issues for how Gantry synced with the WP Database/Menu items.

Gantry stores any extra menu settings you make with the Gantry Menu Editor in /theme_name/custom/config/menu/menu-name.yaml (usually main-menu.yaml); everything else is synced/queried from WordPress. IF you don't have any custom settings... like multli-column level 2 layouts, or custom icons/classes set... you can simply delete (back up first) this file, which generally resolves most menu issues.

Delete the file, clear all WordPress caches, clear the Gantry Cache (Extras menu, upper right), and refresh your site. If that doesn't work go the Gantry Menu Editor and simply click save to rebuild that yaml file. Refresh all the caches, and test.
    • Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds