Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hadron v1.3 / Gantry 4 Framework Version 4.1.21 / WordPress 5.6.11

• atdny
    • Rocketeer

Posted 10 months 3 weeks ago
    • Below is my current site setup. Is it ok to upgrade my site to WordPress 6.2.2? In the past I have had gantry issues updating, so I like to confirm before doing so.

• Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: Hadron v1.3 / Gantry 4 Framework Version 4.1.21 / WordPress 5.6.11

• Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Given that you're using the Gantry 4 framework, I would advise caution when upgrading to WordPress 6.2.2. The Gantry 4 framework hasn't been actively developed for some time, and there are substantial changes in WordPress 6.x, particularly the new widget system, that Gantry 4 may not be fully compatible with.

Therefore, it's highly recommended to test the upgrade on a staging or local copy of your site before applying it to your live site. This way, you can see if any issues arise without disrupting your live site.

If you encounter any issues, it might be a good idea to consider migrating your theme to the Gantry 5 framework, which is actively being developed and maintained, ensuring better compatibility with the latest versions of WordPress.

Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
    • karolorzel.com
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

• Understood. Is Hadron v1.3 compatible with Gantry 5?
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• atdny
    • Rocketeer

Posted 10 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hello RT Team.

Due to a hacked site I had my developer migrate my site to another host (secure tab for url). It looks like my site is a bit broken now, I'm sure due to Gantry 4 WordPress 6.2.2 running dated Hadron theme. My developer updatred wordpress though I had asked to keep everything as it was so we could update step by step. Unfortuantely he updated wordpress.

My question is, what is my best course of action to fix my site? Upgrade Gantry first? Hadron first?

I appreciate your guidance!
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

• Just bumping this, it's been a couple days.
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Karol,

Due to a hacked site I had my developer migrate my site to another host (secure tab for url). It looks like my site is a bit broken now, I'm sure due to Gantry 4 WordPress 6.2.2 running dated Hadron theme. My developer updatred wordpress though I had asked to keep everything as it was so we could update step by step. Unfortuantely he updated wordpress.

My question is, what is my best course of action to fix my site? Upgrade Gantry first? Hadron first?

I appreciate your guidance!
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• Both,
      Gantry and Hadron needs to be updated to most recent releases.
    • karolorzel.com
    • atdny
    • Rocketeer

• OK, so order of updating doesn't matter. I tried to update Gantry first from 4 to 5. I get the error "The active theme requires the Gantry Framework Plugin to be installed and active"

What is my next step? I am searching on Gantry.org, rockethemes and in Google groups for answers but can't seem to find what's the process to go from Gantry 4 to Gantry 5.
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Posted 10 months 1 week ago
    • I wanted to clarify that Gantry 4 and Gantry 5 are separate frameworks and, unfortunately, you cannot directly update a Gantry 4 theme to a Gantry 5 theme. They operate differently and have their own specific templates and functionalities.

If you are looking to use the Gantry 5 version of Hadron, it is indeed a separate theme that needs to be installed. The templates, layouts, particles etc. in Gantry 5 are different from those in Gantry 4, so it will require setting up your site again in the Gantry 5 framework.

To proceed, you will first need to install the Gantry 5 framework, then install the Hadron theme for Gantry 5. After that, you can start rebuilding your site using the new Gantry 5 framework and theme.

I understand this process can be a bit complex, so feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance or have other questions.
    • karolorzel.com

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds