Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Disabling theme on category blog articles?

• Disabling theme on category blog articles?

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • I have a category blog menu item and have a helium layout for it that includes a hero image. Works great.

My question. Is there a way to not have this layout applied when viewing the individual article accessed via this menu item?

Have the latest versions of gantry and helium.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Disabling theme on category blog articles?

Posted 2 years 5 months ago
    • Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

I presume that you are using Joomla ?

Joomla works by using a template to display a page - so you can't not use a template. So what you need to do is to have a different template for that articles (rather than using the same template that the blog itself uses). The way you would do that would be to have a menu item that is more specific (to that article) to which you can then assign an alternate template. In it's simplest form that could mean a menu item type of "single article" that pointed directly at that article... But that can get quite onerous if you have lots of articles in the category blog. So the next thing that you can do is to use a "category blog" menu item (that is of a lower level, and therefore more specific) than the original category.

Blog
      |
      |-- Blog articles
      |
      |---- article 1
      |---- article 2

so in the above your "blog" would use a category blog menu item using "blog" but the hidden menu item which is also of type "cateogyr blog" would use "blog articles" and therefore your articles would render in this menu item rather than the "blog" menu item.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds