Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

3 Col Header Layout - I'd like 3-8-1 but it's not an option

• 3 Col Header Layout - I'd like 3-8-1 but it's not an option

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • I have a 3 Column Header Layout I'm trying to create for Modulus, but I don't want the login panel button taking up too much space so I wanted to see how I could create a 3-8-1 layout, because at the moment it's not an option in the Layout panel.

Any tips on how I can do so would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

Re: 3 Col Header Layout - I'd like 3-8-1 but it's not an option

• Hi, I can't tell you exactly what to do without some serious testing, but I've accomplished a similar goal in the past. You'll need to edit the gantry.config.php file inside components > com_gantry. This file contains all the positioning arrays for the sliders in the backend. You just need to identify which one of those arrays to edit and add in your numbers. It will then appear as an option on the sliders in the backend. I would be prepared for a lot of trial and error. Good luck.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Re: 3 Col Header Layout - I'd like 3-8-1 but it's not an option

• Thanks Cliff,

Initially I thought your post would do the trick, but I think in the gantry config those arrangements are just for the mainbody so I'm not sure if they would affect the header area which I want this particular configuration to be within.

However, I did think of a workaround via CSS I could add...simply simulate the grid-11 and grid-1 (I've since changed my grid size from 12 to 16 since I originally wrote this post thinking it would help me)
      #rt-header2 .rt-grid-10 {width:640px}
      #rt-header2 .rt-grid-2 {width:40px}
    • Cliff Pfeifer
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Website Developer

• Sure, I wasn't sure if that exact method would help or not, just trying to point you in the right direction. CSS works too, your method will do the trick, you just won't have slider control. Editing the gantry config file in the correct way would do it, you just have to find the right array and plug in the right numbers.
    • The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds