Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Where is 'item-separator'?

• GoG
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Where is 'item-separator'?

Posted 13 years 22 hours ago
    • I have downloaded the Gantry framework and template in order to customise the template into a very minimalistic template for Joomla.

I like what I have so far, but there is a dotted line at the bottom of the article which I want to get rid of. It looks like this dotted line appears because of the line; <div class="item-separator"></div> in the file 'default_item.php'.

However, looking through all the CSS files I cant find such a class.

I could remove the line from default_item.php but I would rather edit the CSS if possible.

Thanks in advance if you can solve this little mystery for me :)
    • Last Edit: 13 years 21 hours ago by GoG.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: SOLVED Where is 'item-separator'?

Posted 13 years 22 hours ago
    • Hi there,

Without a link to your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Can you please post a link to the problem and we will do our best to assist you.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • GoG
    • Rocketeer

Posted 13 years 21 hours ago
    • Now I am even more puzzled. Deleting the line <div class="item-separator"></div> still produces a dotted line. Where is this dotted line coming from?
    • GoG
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks David, link sent via PM
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

The code controlling it is from /libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css...
      .component-content .rt-article-bg {
          border-bottom: 1px dotted #C8C8C8;
          padding-bottom: 5px;
      }

Either edit this (but it will get written over when you update gantry) or better still add the following code to the bottom of template.css
      .component-content .rt-article-bg {
          border-bottom: none;
          padding-bottom: 5px;
      }
      If this resolves your problem then please edit your first post by adding SOLVED at the start of the title and then select the green tick icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Thanks for your cooperation :)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • GoG
    • Rocketeer

• I edited templates/rt_gantry_j16/css/template.css to include the code you suggested but no luck, dotted line still there.

(I cleared my browser's cache and reloaded the page)
    • GoG
    • Rocketeer

• Yay its gone now, there was another line in the gantry CSS that created the dotted line in question, just under the one you pointed out. Issue resolved now, thanks for taking me to the right place :)
    • GoG
    • Rocketeer

• For the sake of closing the thread properly, the 2 lines are;
      /* Category Layout */
      .component-content .rt-blog .rt-description {margin: 10px 0 15px 0;padding-bottom: 20px;border-bottom: 1px #c8c8c8 dotted;}
      .component-content .rt-article-bg {padding-bottom: 5px;border-bottom: 1px #c8c8c8 dotted;}

I just added;
      /* Category Layout */
      .component-content .rt-blog .rt-description {margin: 10px 0 15px 0;padding-bottom: 20px;border-bottom: none;}
      .component-content .rt-article-bg {padding-bottom: 5px;border-bottom: none;}

To the template.css
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Posted 13 years 20 hours ago
    • Hi there,

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the final solution here 8)

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds