Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Entire layout shifts 10px when clicking nav menu

• Entire layout shifts 10px when clicking nav menu

Posted 13 years 2 weeks ago
    • Joomla 1.5.23, Gantry 3.1.12 Bundle, Safari 5.0.5, Mac OS 10.6.7

On the Home page, I'm using 3 modules in MainTop A, B, and C that contain Custom HTML text only. Those modules are active under the Home menu only.

The default Gantry Logo Header is still in place, the Main Menu is published to the Navigation module, and the Copyright content is turned on in Gantry Features. There is no other content on the Home page.

Three other menu items link to standard Joomla articles, that I believe are published to the default Joomla MainBody section that is shown in Gantry Module Positions, and for which there is no control in Gantry settings.

The problem is, when switching to or from the Home page, the *entire* page layout shifts 10px. (to the right if coming from the Home page, to the left if going back to it.) Header, Body, Footer - the entire page - jumps 10px. (I'm pretty sure it's 10.) Switching between all the other links is fine, only when going to or from the Home page is there a 10px jump sideways. The Home page is the only page using Gantry modules exclusively.

Why is there a 10px jump in the layout when switching between Joomla MainBody content and Gantry Module content? I imagine there's a padding issue here, but have no clue where to look.

Thanks,

--Charles
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Entire layout shifts 10px when clicking nav menu

Posted 13 years 1 day ago
    • hi there,

without seeing your site i would believe that this is caused by pages of different height.
      do you have browser scrollbar on either the homepage only or all the other pages?
      do you have a link?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds