Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry question

• Joey

Gantry question

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Was looking into implementing the gantry framework into my next design, but I'm having a bit of an issue setting the header and footer width's to be 100%. Seems like every time I try to target them I end up effecting another aspect of the template, where should I be setting this?
    • Joey

Re: Gantry question

• anyone? noone?
    • Joey

• Not even someone from the community to answer this question? I am currently a member of a forum dedicated to a certain model car, and another for home sound engineering. The beauty of these places is in the knowledge of the community, the moderators are of a very good skill level, but the people that frequent the site bring with them years of knowledge and experience that make the community grow and become stronger. I can't tell you how many guy's I've helped complete turbo installations or studio setups from the forums, and vice versa..

Why do I comment on those forums? Because that doesn't seem to exist here. This isn't an attack on the people here by any means, but it seems that all too often when there is some kind of question(I say this because I have seen SOOOOO MANY unanswered posts browsing for solutions on this forum) that even tiptoes on the line of customizing the templates, this place ends up being a ghost town for answers. I mean, it has literally been useless to me since my subscription, not one answer have I found here. Now I love the templates and appreciate your work, don't get me wrong, but these templates are far from polished, and I like to give my clients non-generic looking sites. Your templates fit that "raw" mold perfectly for me and, If anyone seems to think of a snarky reply like "why don't you develop your own?", the answer is simple, I can't. I am a mediocre developer who is very eager to dive in and learn, but jesus guy's am I the only one that feels like I'm swimming in sand when I browse the forums?

Maybe if you folks are really that busy with "official" business we could try to drive a more active and knowledgeable group of members here, it sure wouldn't hurt. Please don't take this post the wrong way, it's not an attack on the folks doing all the good work. It's just extremely frustrating to ask what "seems" to be a question that most people here can answer(at least I think most people can answer), and after almost 48 hours there is still nothing.. Maybe I just expect too much? <-- serious question really!
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• Seriously Joey,

your question is very unspecific. Wich template/style?
      You know perhaps that the templates are based on the 960px grid system.
      www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...nced/960-grid-system
      But should be possible to work on that if you would give us a link with a site to look at.
      Also please note that our main focus on helping with bugs or template stuff that is not working as expected. Your question is a customization question. No problem with that. We try to help with too. But it's not our main focus.

Your question is more about general css/html. What should I answer. I really don't know.
      css-specificity would be an answer. But I guess you don't like that.
    • Joey

• Seriously Henning, I noted that it was for the gantry framework, and this issue
      Doesnt involve anything that's site specific so that's the reason for not linking. Just a plain vanilla joomla install using the default gantry framework. I definitely do recognize it was built on a 960 grid, but for myself, I find it looks absolutely horrible on larger resolution monitors.
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• edtv82
    • Rocketeer
    • Systems & Support Manager for a big but not so large company

• Joey wrote:
      Seriously Henning, I noted that it was for the gantry framework, and this issue
      Doesnt involve anything that's site specific so that's the reason for not linking. Just a plain vanilla joomla install using the default gantry framework. I definitely do recognize it was built on a 960 grid, but for myself, I find it looks absolutely horrible on larger resolution monitors.

what about screen shots?
    • remember, DON'T PANIC

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds