Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Layout doesn't hold

• Lon

Layout doesn't hold

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Well, I've read all the documentation, and watched the videos, and I believe I understand how layouts should work. It's good documentation, by the way. But, I still can't make the layout controls hold their positions.

Here's what happens: I set the main body to accept three positions -sa; sb; sc - on the home page and the Gantry menu is set to display Home. I have three modules enabled for these positions. When I click Apply the layout changes back "in Gantry" to two positions and the number states 2. When I preview the page I can see three positions including the main body.

Screwed around with this for a week, and I'm convinced that something is broken. Tried it with two RocketThemes. Downloaded a diagnostic for someone to look at, but the system says everything is working.

Can I please get some help?
      Thank you.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Layout doesn't hold

• sounds like gantry is unable to write to the params.ini file. Hence the 'not holding', can you check your permissions are correct for that file? Do you have FTP layer on or off?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Layout doesn't hold

• hi lon,

if you like send me your link and super admin details, but i am not sure i understand your problem.

as long as you have 3 positions published to the home page (mb, sa, sb) and all 3 show correctly on the frontend, then it really does not matter if it says 2 positions in the template parameters.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds